Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Difference Between iPod iPhone USB Cable

Difference Between iPod iPhone USB Cable
Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2007, 11:15 AM

Is there a difference between the iPod USB Cable and the iPhone Cable? I left my charger at a friends
house and have had to use my iPod cable to charge my Phone. I decided to import some photos from the
iPhone to my mac but I'm having a problem. IPhoto says it's loading photos but when complete all I see are
empty squares where the photos should be. I also get screen box which lists all the photos and describes them as files unreadable or corrupted. Is this a cable issue or and import issue with the iPhone? I have to wait
another day to retrieve the iPhone cable.

Posting Junkie
Sep 22, 2007, 11:44 AM

The cables are the same.

Mac Elite
Sep 22, 2007, 06:16 PM

The cables are/work the same, but the iPhone cable has a smaller front, and also removed the clips you needed to press in to remove the cord (you can just yank it out without worrying about it)

But yeah, whenever i've stayed at a friends house or my gf's house, i've either a) used their iPod charger that they already have or b) don't charge it, because usually it'll last more than a day (unless i'm watching tons of movies or something)

I don't think the problem is with the cord.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 22, 2007, 06:20 PM

What kind of USB connection? 2.0 or 1.1?

Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 22, 2007, 10:37 PM

They are the same. I charge and sync my iPhone with one of those cheap ($5) retractable iPod cables. I only used the included one once, then I left it and the Dock with my mother so she could charge her 2G nano more easily.
-R

I know I have no life and I can prove it at http://slicedapple.ath.cx/

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Sep 24, 2007, 10:15 AM

I solved the problem by rebooting the machine. All is well now, sorry for the late comeback post.

Forum Links
Forum Rules