Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Troube syncing Yahoo contacts to iPad (WIN)

Troube syncing Yahoo contacts to iPad (WIN)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 1, 2011, 06:09 PM

Hey everyone. I'm a longtime mac user with an iPhone, touch, and 2 macbooks in my immediate family. My mom, though, has a Windows machine that is just too much for her. So, I bought her an iPad for Christmas, thinking it would be much easier on her. I set up her Yahoo mail account on the iPad (add account-->Yahoo)...problem is, I'm having a hell of a time trying to sync her Yahoo mail contacts over to her iPad address book. Here's what I did:

connected iPad to PC
opened iTunes
clicked "sync contacts with Yahoo address book"
configured the email/password to yahoo
hit sync

I have researched this for the past 2 hours, resetting the iPad, restarting the PC, re-configuring Yahoo mail for the iPad...but the iPad address book is still empty.

Any help would be great. THanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules