Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iTunes Wifi Sync not working

iTunes Wifi Sync not working
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 22, 2011, 09:40 AM

Is anyone else having trouble with iTunes Wifi syncing? It stops working for me every night. I have a mac mini that I am syncing with an ipad & iphone every night. Every single day, wifi syncing stops working. If I try to manually initiate the sync from my iphone/ipad, it gets stuck at 'Looking for MacMini' or at step 2 of the 4 step syncing process. If I try to initiate the sync from my mini, It looks for the ipad/iphone & then doesn't find them.

If I restart itunes (and sometimes the ipad), it works again, & I can initiate the sync from my ipad/iphone again, but then when I try it the next day, it doesn't work any more & I have to restart itunes again. (the mini is set to never go to sleep)

I am out of ideas on how to get this to work, other than just going back to syncing via the cable.

Forum Links
Forum Rules