Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Should I Get a Refurbished Iphone 4S Now?

Should I Get a Refurbished Iphone 4S Now?
Thread Tools
Forum Regular
Join Date: Jan 2009
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 16, 2012, 01:44 PM
Or, should I just wait a couple of months?

My current cell phone is over 4 years old--works perfectly, but the screen is a bit finicky and has some slight anomalies which don't affect performance.

If I get a refurb now, I'd get the benefits of using a smartphone: web access in particular, and texting without clicking 5-20X for each character I want to type.

But, I would almost certainly want to upgrade in just a few months' time if I did, meaning I'd have to sell it again by the end of the year.

Can I make all of my money back by selling a mint condition refurb, say on ebay? Is it easy to jailbreak a phone for resale?

OTOH, I feel like the iphone 5 may be exactly what I'm looking for: iphone quality but with a 4"+ screen. I'm just not in the mood to wait several months, maybe even until black friday.

Perhaps I should get a 16 gb to minimize cost until I get an iphone 5?

Mac Elite
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Truckee, CA
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Jul 17, 2012, 08:39 AM
Personally I would wait. The 4G connectivity alone will be a very big deal over the 2-3 year life of a new phone. Back up your existing phone and if it dies then decide what to do.

Grizzled Veteran
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 6, 2012, 04:05 PM
To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.”
Sun Tzu
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Caught in a web of deceit.
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2012, 05:53 AM
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Calgary
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 7, 2012, 07:06 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Status: Offline
Reply With Quote
Aug 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
I suggest that you wait, though I don't know if I should be giving you this advice as I am impatient myself. Currently, the iOS is teaching me how to be a bit more patient in waiting and saving up for the New iPad, lol!

To get the most out of your money and (experience), WAIT.
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:41 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2