Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > iOS 7 Notes Color Scheme Issues

iOS 7 Notes Color Scheme Issues
Administrator
Oct 12, 2013, 10:34 AM

I've just noticed that every highlight in the iOS 7 version of Notes is a dark yellow...on a white background. I find it very hard to read. Is there some setting that lets one change highlight colors for the system, the app, or "other?"

It's frustrating, especially since Notes likes to highlight stuff apparently at random (like "it looks like a phone number because it has 7 or10 digits, so BINGO! it's maybe a link!"), so if a note has something it wants to highlight, it winds up being highlighted, whether I think it needs it or not.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Clinically Insane
Oct 12, 2013, 11:45 AM

Dear Mr. Porter,

We've received your request to have the option to change the color for smart linked text in our notes app, or to turn off the feature altogether. We here at Apple believe user choice is one of the most important aspects of the user... most important...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! We had you goin' there for a sec! U so gullible!

Best regards,

Apple

Administrator
Oct 12, 2013, 05:45 PM

I don't expect a "supported" option. But it would be nice to have some choice in the matter. It's like nobody actually looked at the colors when they decided on Notes' scheme.

Clinically Insane
Oct 13, 2013, 08:14 PM

I agree. It's bad.

It's getting hard to argue with the observation the OS is half-baked, rushed, whatever.

P
Oct 14, 2013, 07:25 AM

The supported option is probably to find another note taking app. There are, to a rough estimate, about a million in the App Store. I can't advise on which to try, though.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Clinically Insane
Oct 14, 2013, 11:00 AM

Evernote isn't bad.

Administrator
Oct 18, 2013, 05:34 AM

I use Evernote for my private stuff (Dropbox for what I share or what's shared to me), but I got used to Notes for quick stuff that I just needed in-hand... I'm disappointed in the interface changing like this. The functionality of the app is impaired by the color choices, and it kind of seems like development team came up with the colors after they finished the rest of it and someone at the top of the iOS team said "your app needs a single color theme...and all the good colors are taken." Not so much "half baked" as "did you look at it before you published it?"

P
Oct 18, 2013, 08:59 AM

I think it's clear that Apple's design teams were overloaded for the iOS 7 release.
The new Mac Pro has up to 30 MB of cache inside the processor itself. That's more than the HD in my first Mac. Somehow I'm still running out of space.

Administrator
Oct 19, 2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by P View Post
I think it's clear that Apple's design teams were overloaded for the iOS 7 release.
Boy is that an understatement!

Clinically Insane
Oct 19, 2013, 05:37 PM

It's all the little crap which bothers me.

Does everyone else have the bug where it'll sometimes take multiple taps to get from emoji to English?

Forum Links
Forum Rules