Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Alternative Operating Systems > How to Move Files Between Partitions

How to Move Files Between Partitions
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 24, 2006, 10:27 AM

Having installed XPSP2 successfully on my Macbook without much trouble, I was wondering how I might be able to move files and/or read files between the two partitions.

The first thing I had to change was the XP desktop. They give you about a half-a-dozen crappy tiles and desktop images circa 1980, and I'd really like to bring some over from my OSX portion but am getting error messages.

Paul

Senior User
Aug 24, 2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Meadowfield
Having installed XPSP2 successfully on my Macbook without much trouble, I was wondering how I might be able to move files and/or read files between the two partitions.
If you formatted NTFS, you can read from Mac OS X, but you can't write. And unless you install something like Mac Drive in Windows, you can't see that partition from Windows.

In that case, use a USB pen drive for small things.

Edited for clarity.

Forum Links
Forum Rules