Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone Apps > iPad App Cloud storage

iPad App Cloud storage
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 2, 2011, 03:54 AM

I know that this is the iPhone section however there is no real section in this forum that discusses syncing document storage to your iPad. Has anyone actually used the mypdv.com online storage to iPad sync applications? I'm interested to see because I see everyone is using dropbox etc however this other one by mypdv is more for organizing your life apparently and can store your documents and your day to day schedules and contacts in one place? I would love to hear some opinions on this new trend. I don't think it is really cloud computing because that is more for those massive video files to transfer from computer to computer.

Clinically Insane
Dec 3, 2011, 02:06 AM

Well, for starters, what do you think cloud computing is?

Dec 3, 2011, 09:52 AM

That site obviously thinks they are cloud computing, based on their app icon...

Posting Junkie
Dec 3, 2011, 02:25 PM

The site only talks about documents, mentioning nothing about schedules and contacts. However, why would I want to use another service to manage my schedules and contacts when that service already exists for the Apple ecosystem?

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 6, 2011, 05:23 PM

I tend to like this one though. It's got everything in one so I don't have to use different programs for everything. I guess everyone has their own cup of tea though and it depends on what you are used to.

Forum Links
Forum Rules