Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > iTunes 11.0.2 adds Composers view, improves responsiveness

iTunes 11.0.2 adds Composers view, improves responsiveness
MacNN Staff
Feb 19, 2013, 05:14 PM

Apple has released an iTunes 11.0.2 update for Mac and Windows users. Notes indicate that the update adds a Composers view to the software, and that the app should be more responsive when syncing large playlists. The code should also solve a glitch which prevented purchases from appearing in an iTunes library.

The Mac update should be available through the Mac App Store, while the Windows release can be downloaded using Apple Software Update. The former is 188.15MB, whereas the latter is just 85.95MB.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Feb 20, 2013 at 09:37 AM. )

Feb 19, 2013, 07:00 PM

A Composer's view! Just how long has it taken? I have a couple of times bought the same piece of music by two different artists because I couldn't list my 10,000 title iTunes library by composer. Amazing that Apple didn't care two hoots for so many years. Have they got a classical music lover working there now?
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

MacNN Editor
Feb 19, 2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by daqman View Post
Amazing that Apple didn't care two hoots for so many years.
iTunes is always had a composer sort. I sorted my classical music by composer for years. I think they are talking about having added it to iTunes 11, or perhaps they're referring to a new Composer view added to one of the recent "visual" views that came in with iTunes 11. In any event, one has ALWAYS been able to sort list view by composer.

Yet another case where Apple gets blamed for what is actually user ignorance.
_chas_

Clinically Insane
Feb 20, 2013, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by daqman View Post
A Composer's view! Just how long has it taken? I have a couple of times bought the same piece of music by two different artists because I couldn't list my 10,000 title iTunes library by composer. Amazing that Apple didn't care two hoots for so many years. Have they got a classical music lover working there now?
It's taken about ten weeks to add a composers' view to the new artists, albums, and titles views in iTunes 11.

You've been able to show the composers metadata tag in its own column and sort by that for about a decade.

Amazing that you didn't know this but felt the need to complain in this thread, but it's probably because you didn't care two hoots about classical music, did ya? Got a classical music lover in the house now?

Mac Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2013, 07:25 AM

"The code should also solve a glitch which prevented purchases from not appearing in an iTunes library."

So the glitch was that your purchases appeared in the iTunes library?!

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 20, 2013, 11:54 AM

How about a better and tightly integrated Eq Settings for iTunes within iTunes? Or an EQ Customization that can be synched from the Desktop to the respective listening device? I couldn't care less about a composer's view because that cannot enhance my listening experience...
Never say die!

Forum Links
Forum Rules