Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Plants vs. Zombies 2 now available in US iTunes Store

Plants vs. Zombies 2 now available in US iTunes Store
MacNN Staff
Aug 15, 2013, 01:51 AM

Following a "soft launch" of the game in Australia and New Zealand, PopCap has now brought Plants vs. Zombies 2 to the US. The title is now available for free and is completely free-to-play, but does offer in-app purchases (IAPs) not required to play or complete the game. The new game retains the essential twist on the "tower defense" genre, but adds new worlds, new levels, additional plants and zombies as well as new game modes and new power-ups. The game also now allows players to interact with the zombies directly, rather than just the plant defenses.

The game lets players fight zombies across different time periods. New plant options include Bonk Choy, Bloomerang and Lightning Reed, while new zombies include Ra Zombie (in ancient Egypt), Swashbuckler Zombie (at sea) and Chicken Wrangler Zombie (in the Wild West), the latter of whom introduces a new threat: zombie chickens. The game also includes some unlockable "endless" levels.

The original title, Plants vs. Zombies, is still available on iTunes for $1 in separate versions for iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad.

Mac Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2013, 12:09 PM

Finally! It has been delayed due to bugs.

Professional Poster
Aug 15, 2013, 08:02 PM

Downloaded it and played it up until Egyptian day 11, and then deleted it. First loaded and it wanted to load GameCenter repeatedly (probably not its fault). Then pestered me with the guy wanting his taco (lame plot), and then some choose your own adventure path (which I dislike, just lead me to the next level!), and then I can buy more stuff in order to flick the creatures off (although not necessary to buy, continued pestering), and then can buy stars to unlock levels (again, not necessary, but annoying).

The game is the same as before with new characters. Very easy to play. I played 11 levels and it was too easy. Should be made slightly more difficult. I didn't get to the house roof level (as in v1), which was more difficult.

I would have preferred if they made another version of the game for $1.99 and eliminated the need to buy stars and other nonsense.
{{{ mindwaves }}}

Forum Links
Forum Rules