Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple halts Personal Pickup option for iPhone 5s buyers

Apple halts Personal Pickup option for iPhone 5s buyers
MacNN Staff
Sep 24, 2013, 10:18 AM

Apple has pulled the Personal Pickup option from web and app-based orders for the iPhone 5s, shoppers point out. The option appeared just yesterday, making it unusual that Apple would rescind it so quickly. Personal Pickup lets people buy a device online, but then claim it at a local Apple Store.

The change is unexplained, but likely related to low stocks of the 5s. If retail units are claimed by online shoppers, that can potentially leave few if any units left for walk-in customers. It remains difficult in some places to buy a 5s on-demand, particularly if it's not a 16GB space gray model.

Forum Regular
Sep 24, 2013, 02:40 PM

Got mine just in time, then!

I had some AT&T trouble that left me iPhoneless until Monday night. I thought I was going to be waiting well into October, but once I got AT&T straightened out, I ordered my 5S and picked it up at the Apple store down the road about an hour later.

Forum Links
Forum Rules