Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Apple's Tim Cook issues memo on second anniversary of Jobs' death

Apple's Tim Cook issues memo on second anniversary of Jobs' death
MacNN Staff
Oct 4, 2013, 11:26 AM

Apple CEO Tim Cook has issued an email memo to employees on the eve of the second anniversary of Steve Jobs' death, reports say. "Team," it begins. "Tomorrow marks the second anniversary of Steve's death. I hope everyone will reflect on what he meant to all of us and to the world. Steve was an amazing human being and left the world a better place. I think of him often and find enormous strength in memories of his friendship, vision and leadership.

"He left behind a company that only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple," Cook continues. "We will continue to honor his memory by dedicating ourselves to the work he loved so much. There is no higher tribute to his memory. I know that he would be proud of all of you."

Apple has suffered to a certain degree since Jobs' death from pancreatic cancer on October 5th, 2011. Although the company is richer than ever, some reviewers and financial analysts have complained that the pace of originality at Apple has faltered, with new iPhone, iPad, and Mac models showing little evolution over their predecessors, and rival Android- and Windows-based products gaining ground in some areas.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Oct 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM. )

Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2013, 01:15 PM

"Steve was an amazing human being and left the world a better place"

Huh?

Clinically Insane
Oct 4, 2013, 01:20 PM

Are you having trouble parsing the grammar, or are you disagreeing?

Forum Regular
Oct 4, 2013, 01:32 PM

"A genius doesn't work on an assembly line basis. Did Einstein, Kazanga or Sitar of Vulcan produce new and revolutionary theories on a regular schedule? You can't simply say, 'Today I will be brilliant." - Captain James T. Kirk

=0)

Forum Regular
Oct 6, 2013, 09:36 PM

Spheric Harlot: the latter.

Clinically Insane
Oct 6, 2013, 09:56 PM

Well, I guess it's your right to disagree.

I hope you weren't posting that from a graphical user interface, let alone a touch smartphone or tablet...

Forum Regular
Oct 7, 2013, 01:31 PM

Spheric Harlot: Let's play the game of Who Doesn't Belong and Why. The category is "amazing human beings". The choices are: Einstein, Gandhi, The Dalai Lama, Steve Jobs.
Get my point?

Clinically Insane
Oct 7, 2013, 08:20 PM

Amazing.

So your arbitrary criteria for "improving the world" are better than others' arbitrary criteria.

You should write a book.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 8, 2013, 06:56 AM

Mercurial. Bipolar. Obsessive. Micromanager.

And had the sense NOT to jump around the keynote stage like a goddam monkey.

I call that amazing, and a huge improvement in the quality of our lives. Along with everything Steve got his mitts on.

Forum Links
Forum Rules