Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > Review: Adonit's Jot Script Evernote Edition stylus for iPad

Review: Adonit's Jot Script Evernote Edition stylus for iPad
MacNN Staff
Nov 9, 2013, 10:17 PM

There are any number of keyboard cases for Apple's bestselling iPad devices, as well as the devices' in-built software keyboards, but there's still something about actually scribbling down notes that is appealing. That keeps us at MacNN on the lookout for new stylus devices, ever hoping that we can get our hands on a competent writing implement for our favorite tablet. Popular note-taking app company Evernote has teamed up with iOS accessory maker Adonit to produce the Jot Script Evernote Edition, a fine-tipped stylus that promises more precise notes, thanks to a specialized app. How well do they pull it off? Read on to our in-depth look at the device to find out.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Nov 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM. )

Nov 11, 2013, 02:52 PM

I bought one of these for use with my iPad Air. I like to take handwritten notes and using the end of my finger to write with doesn't cut it so I've been reduced to writing with a regular pen on paper then photographing the handwritten pages.

Sadly the new iPad stylus from Evernote is a complete waste of money. As I write or draw on the screen there is a noticeable lag between the tip of the stylus and the line being drawn. The pen connects to the App via bluetooth but the connection drops unpredictable, I am using the latest version of Penultimate which, I think, is the App that this pen is supposed to be optimised for. Finally, I have pretty good handwriting but what comes out of this pen is almost illegible scribble, a kindergartener has better handwriting. Unless there is some bug in the way that this interracts with an iPad Air, which isn't beyond the realm or possibility, I can't recommend this pen to anyone.
Beware of geeks bearing Gifs

Forum Links
Forum Rules