Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > US Mac Pro shipping times slip to 5-6 weeks

US Mac Pro shipping times slip to 5-6 weeks
MacNN Staff
Apr 1, 2014, 12:08 PM

Shipping estimates for the 2013 Mac Pro have slipped from "April" to 5 to 6 weeks at Apple's US online store, checks show. At least some international storefronts are continuing to mention April, but could follow suit. Built-to-order Pros should take longer to ship as per usual.

The Pro has never been available in high quantities. The switch to a 5-6 week window may actually signal a slight improvement in supply; previous "March" and "April" targets were actually often 7 to 8 weeks ahead of delivery.

Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 1, 2014, 01:58 PM

What the hell is going on with Mac Pro production? Is it due to increased orders or just slow production? I haven't heard too much about the Mac Pro since it was introduced and I certainly am curious as to whether editing professionals find it as very useful to them. I sure hope that it's high demand causing the shipping times to slip. Apple stock needs all the help it can get before the coming earnings call.

Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2014, 04:14 PM

Has it really slipped? In mid-January, the estimate was March. In mid-February, the estimate was April. Hasn't it always been five to six weeks?

Forum Links
Forum Rules