Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Mac News > OS X 10.9.4 goes live, fixes problems with Wi-Fi, waking from sleep

OS X 10.9.4 goes live, fixes problems with Wi-Fi, waking from sleep
MacNN Staff
Jun 30, 2014, 02:59 PM

In addition to iOS 7.1.2, Apple has issued the final version of OS X 10.9.4 via Mavericks' Software Update feature. Like its sibling, v10.9.4 deals exclusively with bugfixes. It solves a glitch preventing Macs from automatically connecting to recognized Wi-Fi networks, as well as the reliability of waking a computer from sleep mode.

Bundled with the update is Safari 7.0.5, a new version of Apple's browser software. 10.9.4 may be the last (or second-to-last) major update for Mavericks, since OS X Yosemite is due sometime this fall, presumably in September or October.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2014, 03:34 PM

Gosh, I hope they finally got to the core of the WiFi connection after wake with Bluetooth enabled bug. They've been releasing fixes for that since like 2006.
------
Steve Wilkinson
stevew@cthub.com

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2014, 09:19 PM

Safari 7.0.5 still doesn't include the WebKit Javascript LLVM - it's still only 66% of the speed of the June 19 nightly build. Looks like we wait for Yosemite for this boost.
Just sayin'

Banned
Jul 1, 2014, 01:02 AM

Instead of using Software Update, I did a google search for "Mavericks V10.9.4 Combo Update", and I got at least one "hit". It is downloading as I write this. I have always preferred the Combo update.

Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2014, 01:42 AM

akent35: You're putting yourself at risk if you download updates from anywhere but an Apple site.
HyperNova Software, LLC

Banned
Jul 1, 2014, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by msuper69 View Post
akent35: You're putting yourself at risk if you download updates from anywhere but an Apple site.
It is from Apple's site. I actually tried the same phrase for a search on Apple's site, but no luck. google was obviously better!

Forum Links
Forum Rules