Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > iPad Mini availability improves to 3-5 days shipping time

iPad Mini availability improves to 3-5 days shipping time
MacNN Staff
Jan 25, 2013, 06:29 PM

Shipping times for all the assorted iPad Mini models have shrunk to 3-5 days at Apple's US and Canadian online stores. Before today, Apple's website listed times between one and two weeks, depending on configuration. While still not same-day shipping, the reduction in shipping time points to a possible easing of supply constraints.

Tim Cook drove the point home during Apple's quarterly earnings conference call that Apple couldn't make the device fast enough to meet demand. He suspected that the company may achieve a "supply/demand balance," generally meaning same-day shipping, sometime before the end of this quarter. MacNN contacted several Apple stores on the East coast of the US, as well as some independent retailers, and found no units of the Mac Mini available for purchase at retail. One retailer we spoke to said that when shipments arrive, only a handful of units are included and they are "scarfed up within minutes."
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jan 27, 2013 at 12:21 AM. )

Banned
Jan 27, 2013, 04:23 AM

like anyone cares...

cgc
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by blahblahbber View Post
like anyone cares...
Why are you here? All I see from you are anti-Apple (e.g. "crApple") postings. Do you have anything constructive to provide or are you here for other nefarious reasons?
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Banned
Jan 27, 2013, 12:20 PM

The mini is a gimmick to fill in the low cost sector of the maxiPad market. It still sucks, actually looking forward to the 97 Titanium HD from Archos FOR LESS!

There.

cgc
Professional Poster
Jan 27, 2013, 01:16 PM

I think the Mini is the right size actually. Makes it portable enough it can be taken nearly anywhere without drawing too much attention. Once they bump the display to "retina" resolution and put an A6 or better in it I'm going to stock up on Minis. Sure, there are other small tablets out there, but this is the only one that runs iOS.

Kind of the same argument Windows users make (e.g. Windows = lots of desktop apps so it's good; iOS = lots of mobile apps so it's good). You've come to the wrong place to make arguments in the manner you do (e.g. "iOS/Apple/Macs/iPhones/iPods suck"). You'll need to approach your side a little less anti-Apple and try to have a discussion where you bring up facts and not try to argue based solely on emotions.
"Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes." Frank Drebin, Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult

Banned
Jan 28, 2013, 03:50 PM

I am talking more for your money. It's no brainer, all functionality baby! Yeah

Forum Links
Forum Rules