Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple, Ferrari in talks with expanding in-car entertainment

Apple, Ferrari in talks with expanding in-car entertainment
MacNN Staff
Mar 5, 2013, 03:35 PM
Apple and Ferrari are in talks about expanding a partnership on in-car entertainment systems, says Ferrari chairman Luca Cordero Di Montezemolo. Bloomberg reports that the executive made the comments at today's Geneva motor show. Ferrari has just introduced a new hybrid car, the LaFerrari, which builds iPad minis into the passenger seats.

Apple has been gradually deepening its connections with the car industry. iPads are now used by some car dealerships, and iOS 6 includes Siri Eyes Free, a technology which most major car manufacturers have started supporting, albeit in a handful of vehicles so far. Perhaps most significantly Apple's senior VP for online services, Eddy Cue, joined the Ferrari board of directors last November.
Senior User
Mar 5, 2013, 05:07 PM
I just bought a Ferrari before this was announced! Will I be able to get a free upgrade once it's released or at least return my Ferrari within 30 days to wait for the new one?
Senior User
Mar 5, 2013, 05:46 PM
Yes, you can..... with an upgrade fee of $20 million and you get the iPad Mini built-in version. For next year model, Ferrari will enhance driver's experience further by allowing to use iPad Mini as your steering wheel.
Mar 5, 2013, 06:26 PM
I thought driving a Ferrari was entertainment enough...
Though I did not know the place, I set out for the land of my dreams
When I arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place
Forum Links
Forum Rules