Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Google I/O event registrations sell out in 49 minutes

Google I/O event registrations sell out in 49 minutes
MacNN Staff
Mar 13, 2013, 11:04 AM

Google started accepting registrations for Google I/O 2013, and sold out 49 minutes later. Tickets for the developer event are usually in such demand, they sell out shortly after they go on sale, with registration last year lasting less than one hour before all places were booked. Prospective developers wishing to attend must pay $900, $300 for educational users, through Google Wallet and have their ticket tied to their Google+ account.

While the event is typically focused on helping developers work on Google products as well as Android, it has also played host to a number of product launches. Last year, Google revealed the 7-inch Nexus 7 tablet running on Jelly Bean, as well as the short-lived Nexus Q "social streaming media player," an Android device in its own right that allowed users to stream from the cloud and also receive instructions from Android tablets and smartphones. Google Glass was demonstrated through an extreme demonstration at last year's event, using skydivers and cyclists performing stunts while also streaming video to a joint Google+ Hangout.

Forum Links
Forum Rules