Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Greenlight CEO Einhorn grows stake in Apple stock, cites buyback

Greenlight CEO Einhorn grows stake in Apple stock, cites buyback
MacNN Staff
May 7, 2013, 06:25 PM

In Greenlight Capital Investor's quarterly earnings conference call, Chairman David Einhorn revealed that he has grown his stake in the company. The move was made in reaction to Apple's announcement of the $100 billion share repurchase, and record-breaking dividend program which he called "a major step forward" for the Cupertino manufacturer.

"We've added to our Apple position," Einhorn said in the conference call. "Now, we just wait for the release of Apple's next blockbuster product." No firm details are available regarding how many shares were purchased, but a SEC filing should be filed shortly with the details.

Einhorn was famously responsible for a legal scheme to force Apple to offer "iPref" preferred stock shares, only giving up his effort when Apple separated a bundled proposal to shareholders in the annual meeting in March. Einhorn claimed that the proposal violated a Securities and Exchange Commission rule against bundling multiple proposals together, and would prevent a preferred stock plan the firm wanted. Apple, for its part, said that the SEC had already reviewed the measure, and that if passed the initiative would've actually benefited shareholders by giving them a vote over issuing preferred stock.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; May 8, 2013 at 03:19 AM. )

May 7, 2013, 06:46 PM

Greedy Weasel
Though I did not know the place, I set out for the land of my dreams
When I arrived at the land of my dreams, I found I did not know the place

Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 7, 2013, 10:05 PM

your comment

Mac Enthusiast
May 8, 2013, 09:36 AM

Of course this "weasel" doesn't care about Apple only about making money. He could jump ship at any time to find some other stock he could manipulate for his own good.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 8, 2013, 10:57 AM

Well of *course* he increased his stake in AAPL. You know, right after he had his lawsuit hissy-fit and manipulated the stock downwards enough to pick up some shares cheap.

Forum Links
Forum Rules