Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > WD enhances portable drive offerings with up to 2TB My Passport Ultra

WD enhances portable drive offerings with up to 2TB My Passport Ultra
MacNN Staff
May 15, 2013, 10:36 PM

Western Digital today announced the availability of the My Passport Ultra line of portable hard drives, which combine additional layers of data protection with USB 3.0 connectivity, a slim design, and four color choices to offer mobile consumers a safe way to protect digital content while traveling.

The new drives are Available in 500GB, 1TB and new 2TB capacities, My Passport Ultra portable hard drives have built-in WD SmartWare Pro backup software with Dropbox integration, hardware encryption and password protection to safeguard against unauthorized drive access.

My Passport Ultra portable hard drives are available from the WD store and at select retailers and distributors. My Passport Ultra 500 GB retails for $100, and the My Passport Ultra 1 TB is $130. The 2TB offering will be available this summer.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; May 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM. )

Mac Elite
May 16, 2013, 09:34 AM

Pricey.

Forum Links
Forum Rules