Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Did Google tease Android 'Key Lime Pie' at Google I/O?

Did Google tease Android 'Key Lime Pie' at Google I/O?
MacNN Staff
May 21, 2013, 09:26 AM

Although many were expecting Google to announce a new version of Android at Google I/O, it did not materialize. Instead the major product announcement was for a stock Android version of the Samsung Galaxy S4, which will only be available to US customers. Although the next version of Android is likely to be an incremental 'Jelly Bean' update widely thought to be Android 4.3, the rumored next major revision of Android dubbed 'Key Lime Pie' may have been given a subtle 'hat tip' during its developer conference.

During the developer presentations at Google I/O, a couple of slides made their way into proceedings that did not go unnoticed by some keen observers. One slide shows an Android wearing a top-hat eating what appears to be a lime-flavored pie. A separate slide shows a game offering a range of powers, one of which is labeled Key Lime Pie. Android 4.3 is expected to be released sometime in June, while Key Lime Pie, likely Android 5.0, will not be made available until late this year.

Either way, a new version of Android is imminent, although details about what features it is expected to bring are very scarce. Some websites have noted Android 4.3 appearing in server logs, while a new white version of the Nexus 4 is rumored to hit the Google Play Store on June 10 loaded with Android 4.3 onboard. [via Pocket-lint]

( Last edited by NewsPoster; May 21, 2013 at 09:37 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules