Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Toshiba revises laptop line with Haswell, AMD A-series processors

Toshiba revises laptop line with Haswell, AMD A-series processors
MacNN Staff
Jun 3, 2013, 09:03 PM

Following Intel's official Haswell release and AMD's similar announcement, Toshiba has renovated nearly its entire line of laptop computers at Taiwan's Computex. Newly updated today are the Qosmio X75 gaming laptop, entry-level Satellite C series, the midrange Satellite L series, the Satellite P series premium laptop line, and all the Satellite S models.

The 17.3-inch touchscreen Qosmio X75 is aimed at the gaming market. A new Haswell Core i7 processor is supported with a Nvidia GeForce 770M GPU. The laptop supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM in four memory slots. The Qosmio X75 ships June 10, and starts at $1,550.

The entry-level Satellite C series is available in 15- and 17-inch screen sizes, with a Pentium-class processor upgradeable to a Core i3 or AMD A4/A6 processor. The C-series ships with 4GB of RAM, and a 500GB hard drive. Touchscreens are an optional upgrade. Pricing starts at $399, with availability starting later in June.

The Satellite L series is driven by Core i3 through i7 processors. Multiple USB 3.0 ports are available, rather than one as on the Satellite C-series. A touchscreen is an optional upgrade. Pricing ranges from $600 to $800. No specific availability has been noted.

BestBuy is the exclusive carrier for the Satellite P series laptop. The P series is available in 15- and 17-inch models, all with HDMI, Harmon/Kardon speakers, and a brushed aluminum chassis. Processors available for the unit are Intel's i5 and i7, as well as the A10 AMD CPU. The 15-inch model is available with a touchscreen, and the 17-inch model has no touchscreen option. No availability has been given, with the machine expecting to sell for $800.

The Satellite S series is a hybrid brushed aluminum and glossy plastic case, similar to previous Satellite laptops. The Series S is available in many screen sizes from 14- to 17-inch, with a range of Haswell processors available. Blu-ray drives, a variety of discrete graphics, and touch screens are optional upgrades. No pricing or availability has been noted.

( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jun 4, 2013 at 05:46 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules