Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Australia, China seeing iPhone 5s delays; no O2 UK units in-store

Australia, China seeing iPhone 5s delays; no O2 UK units in-store
MacNN Staff
Sep 19, 2013, 02:29 PM

Although the phone has only just launched in the eastern hemisphere, the iPhone 5s is proving to be in extremely short supply, reports suggest. Online orders of the device have opened up in Australia and mainland China, but Apple is already listing the product as shipping in 7 to 10 business days in those regions, regardless of color or capacity. In Hong Kong and Singapore, the 5s is simply quoted as shipping in "October."

In the UK, carrier O2 has stated that it won't have any 5s units in its retail stores to begin with. "Nearly #O2iPhone Friday! Get 5c instore & order 5s online & on phone. No 5s in stores but they'll order for you and say when it's in," an official Twitter post reads.

Both factors indicate that, as was rumored, Apple has very few 5s units ready for launch weekend. The company even took the step of skipping preorders, presumably so that fewer retail shoppers would be disappointed at launch.

Sep 19, 2013, 07:46 PM

>Both factors indicate that, as was rumored, Apple has very few 5s units ready for launch weekend.

OR... can't it mean that they are selling tons and tons of them? Perhaps pre-orders for some supply channels take precedence over in-store and if they sell out, the stores don't get any? I suspect the Apple Stores already have stock for tomorrow morning.. and if they didn't, we would have heard.. So, get 'em if you can.. I will be getting mine, I hope.

Forum Links
Forum Rules