Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Western Digital ships updated My Book, My Book for Mac lines

Western Digital ships updated My Book, My Book for Mac lines
MacNN Staff
Sep 24, 2013, 11:20 AM

Western Digital has updated its entire My Book line, as well as My Book for Mac, removing one lower capacity model, a refinement in pricing, and enhanced data protection. The refreshed My Book range is available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB capacities, eliminating the 1TB option previously available, while the My Book for Mac including 2TB and 3TB models.

The My Book, capable of connecting over USB 2.0 and 3.0, includes WD SmartWare Pro for automatic back-ups with Dropbox integration, and the WD edition of Acronis True Image for full system backups and secure file deletion. The My Book for Mac also has the same USB 2.0 and 3.0 connectivity, is compatible with Time Machine, and comes equipped with WD Security software for password protection and hardware encryption, and WD Utilities for drive registration and management.

Both My Book ranges are on sale now, at a cost of $130 for the 2TB model, $150 for the 3TB, and $180 for the 4TB My Book. The earlier version of the 4TB drive previously cost $250.

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 24, 2013, 12:40 PM

The Mac edition puzzles me. A non-Mac edition would work fine on a Mac.

Forum Links
Forum Rules