Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Yahoo redesigns Mail apps for web, iOS, and Android

Yahoo redesigns Mail apps for web, iOS, and Android
MacNN Staff
Oct 8, 2013, 12:17 PM

Yahoo is launching redesigned web, iOS, and Android versions of its Mail app, according to an announcement. The most immediately obvious addition is a more striking visual theme, which pulls from curated Flickr photos. This allows a theme to be picked on one device but propagate to the Mail app on several devices simultaneously.

The apps now also support threaded conversation views for messages, however, making it easier to read conversation histories. All accounts have been upgraded to 1TB of storage for messages and attachments; previously that capacity was hidden behind a Mail Plus subscription. Other, more minor changes include one-tap commands for searching, starring, or deleting messages, and the ability to collapse the left-hand toolbar.

The upgraded Mail apps are currently deploying to English speakers in the US, Canada, UK, Philippines, Malaysia, India, Ireland, New Zealand, and South Africa.

Senior User
Oct 8, 2013, 02:57 PM

Oooo...pretty, like your CEO.

Mac Elite
Oct 8, 2013, 11:11 PM

This is making me very seriously considering shutting my data-mining -- I mean, GMail -- account. Oh yes, I know Yahoo also data-mines, but if I have to pick CEOs I'm aligned with I'll go with Mayer over Schmidt any day.
Charles Martin
MacNN Editor

Forum Links
Forum Rules