Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Panasonic ships i7-powered 20-inch Toughbook ruggedized tablet

Panasonic ships i7-powered 20-inch Toughbook ruggedized tablet
MacNN Staff
Mar 11, 2014, 04:49 PM

The Panasonic Toughpad 4K UT-MA6 Performance model, a more powerful version of the standard model UT-MB5, has been announced. The new 20-inch model has been designed to be an all-in-one computing device for engineers and designers in industries such as Automotive, Construction and Planning, with an emphasis on desktop-like performance.

The Toughpad 4K UT-MA6 has a more powerful Intel Core i7 vPro processor with a clock speed of 2.1GHz and Nvidia Quadro graphics, with 16 GB RAM. The new 20-inch display is a 3840x2560, 15:10 aspect ratio display. Interfaces include USB 3.0, an SD card slot, a headphone jack, and a smart card reader. The optional dock adds three USB 3.0 ports, Ethernet, and HDMI.

The key differences between the performance model (UT-MA6) and standard model (UT-MB5) are the CPU (Core i7 vs Core i5), installed RAM (16GB vs max. 8GB RAM) and Nvidia graphics (Quadro vs GeForce).

The tablet comes with a new Panasonic Electronic Touch Pen for freehand sketching, annotation or handwriting. The pen sends infrared signals to the screen and communicates with the tablet via Bluetooth. The pen is said to have 2,048 levels of pressure.

The Toughpad 4K UT-MA6 Performance model will be available from April, and will retail from $7,000.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Mar 12, 2014 at 06:19 AM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules