Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Epson Printer Won't Power On!

Epson Printer Won't Power On!
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 5, 2000, 06:03 PM

My Epson Stylus Color 600 won't turn on! No matter how hard I push the button, the LEDs don't turn on. It has an integrated power cord, so I can't try changing it. And yes, I'm sure it's plugged in.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

Professional Poster
Jun 5, 2000, 07:45 PM

i know you are an exceptionally smart guy (no sarcasm intended) so i won't ask you if you checked the wall circuit to make sure it's alive (sarcasm intended)... i'd disconnect it completely from everything, it seems that i have a dim memory of someone having a similar issue and the fix was to completely disconnect it from everything and perform some sort of reset, i believe there's a semi-hidden button feature or something to reset the electronics

then again, i could be having a false memory... *sigh* the seventies were deadly

in any case try a search of these forums for the fix and try macintouch and macfixit too

Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 8, 2000, 05:51 PM

I couldn't find that, but I didn't really look. The problem was that the built in power cable was somewhat twisted where it reached the machine. Thanks anyway.

------------------
Simon Kornblith
Computer Consultant
Programmer

Forum Links
Forum Rules