Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > which printer

which printer
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 11, 2013, 09:19 PM

Which printer is good to attach to an Apple I Mac?

Is there any scanner that can be attached and works well

with the I Mac?

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2013, 07:28 AM

Hi and welcome to the boards.

I guess any printer available at the online Apple Store should work fine. Read some reviews there.

While not listed there, Canon printers work great. I have a Pixma Pro9000 and a Pixma MX860, the former being a A3 wide format printer, the later is a multi-purpose machine including a scanner.

Then, I have a 14 years old HP LaserJet 2100 TN. Great piece of hardware. No idea if HP printers quality is still top-notch these days.

I also have, just-in-case, the Epson Perfection V33 scanner, very affordable and works well.

If only the Samsung SCX-4500 was still available… It is to cute, reminds me of the NeXT PN N2000 printer.

Addicted to MacNN
Mar 12, 2013, 01:50 PM

All printers are evil. Why not take up calligraphy instead?

I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2013, 08:01 PM

I use Brother printers, they work great.

Mar 12, 2013, 11:49 PM

Basically any printer or scanner you can buy these days just works on the Mac. If you want specific recommendations, you should tell us what your budget is and what you intend to do with the printer and scanner.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Mar 13, 2013, 02:35 PM

I have a canon pixma, works great, pictures on photo paper look very good. The scanner also is pretty good, although it's a little clumsy finding the files after (I don't use the canon software much). Not sure it would be good for scanning negatives or slides though.

Clinically Insane
Mar 14, 2013, 07:03 PM

I ex has a Pixma i990. They supposedly have non-replaceable parts which burn out, but this has yet to be an issue. The hardware is really nice, as is the photocopy function.

The software is a friggin nightmare. For the printer at least. The people in Canon's scanner department just made it Bonjour compatible. Fire and forget.

Forum Links
Forum Rules