Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Parts - PB Ti 500Mhz

Parts - PB Ti 500Mhz
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 19, 2005, 09:29 AM

I had listed this earlier for parts, but I have decided to go ahead and try to sell the entire package since I bought a newer PB. My wife did spill coffee near the PB, but after some very close inspection by an Apple tech on Cologne, there is no damage to this PB.

This laptop has been used as an Associated Press laptop and it shows. There is wear in places youd expect wear. Corners and bottom as well as some scratches on the cover and trackpad. There is also a crack above the headphone jack on the left hand side. If you want a looker for a PB, this isnt it. There is one small white spot on the right of the screen, nothing major.

Okay, the good news. I have made some upgrades to this PB that give it plenty of life. I have upgraded the RAM to 1GB, the CD-ROM is now a Superdrive installed by OWC. The HD was also upgraded to a Hitachi Travelstar 60GB 7200Rpm, also done up by OWC. The Airport card is installed. It also comes with two batteries, one Apple on OWC. Both hold an amazing charge.

Since I am trying to get rid of older stuff I can also toss in some other stuff that I wont need. A Blue Tooth USB plug-in thingy and the Airport Express Snow base station and cables. The yo-yo adapter also comes with the whole shebang!

I am trying to get rid of this, but I need a reasonable offer in the $500 and up range. I will take some pics right now and you can email me at jctothphotography@mac.com and I will send them. I realized that I needed to upgrade to a newer PB for my work and college, and by the time I try to sell this one it might be too late.

Take care,
Joe
( Last edited by absolut78; Mar 22, 2005 at 01:53 AM. )

Mac Enthusiast
Mar 19, 2005, 12:19 PM

What do you want for the Hard drive and the superdrive, also, what condition is the bottom of the machine in? I might be interested in the bottom of the case too. Let me know, thanks!
( Last edited by b1NARY73; Mar 19, 2005 at 02:19 PM. )
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.5GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.16GHZ Intel Core Duo / 2GB Ram / 120GB
 Macbook Black / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB

Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2005, 05:14 AM

Something reasonable. I got the machine to work last night, but I am not sure how long it will last. Id be willing to sell it all to you minus the RAM and you could take what you needed.

Joe

Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2005, 01:50 PM

I am not sure what is reasonable.....Give me a ballpark and we can go from there.

Thanks!
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.5GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB
 Macbook Pro 17" / 2.16GHZ Intel Core Duo / 2GB Ram / 120GB
 Macbook Black / 2.4GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo / 4GB Ram / 350GB

Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 21, 2005, 07:30 AM

Since the machine is working condition I would consider selling whole as well. Everything listed above plus a Airport Base Station - not extreme - two batteries... one Apple, one OWC both hold a great charge. The body of the PB has seen some use. One crack by the headphone jack and some scuffing. Will except reasonable offers.

Forum Links
Forum Rules