Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > Selling brand new gaming computer $600 or trade

Selling brand new gaming computer $600 or trade
Forum Regular
Aug 29, 2006, 09:24 PM

Well I never get any replies to my posts, but I figure I will put this up anyways. I have a brand new pentium d 820 system. Has the 2.8Ghz processor with a thermalright ultra 120 heatsink and panaflo 120mm fan, an intel d945psn board, 2 gigs of OCZ XTC platinum gaming ram, nVidia 6600 256mb pci express video card, 160 gig SATA hard drive with a legitimate legal copy of Windows XP Pro with disks and serial number, Forntron blue storm, I beleive is the modle, 500 W power supply, cd/dvd rom drive, cd/dvd RW drive, enermax fan controller on the front of the unit, it has 2 side uv reactive 80mm case fans, a pci slot rear vent fan, 8 usb ports, green neon light, Blue case with window and all black drives, floppy drive and also round IDE cables for cd roms and floppy. Im not sure if im missing anything. Ill also toss in a Viewsonic 17 inch crt monitor the A71F+ and keyboard and a microsoft optical mouse. All for $600 or trade for a nice iBook. Im just getting rid of this because I built it and I havent used it other then installing windows and drivers. I use my powerbook daily, at home, school, anywhere and this thing is just sitting. I finished it about a week ago so jump on this deal because i dont think you could find it elsewhere.

( Last edited by lowdaksport; Sep 11, 2006 at 11:34 PM. )

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 29, 2006, 11:59 PM

( Last edited by dmpdx@comcast.net; Jun 4, 2013 at 02:02 AM. )

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 12:10 AM

Great deal if you are looking for a gaming pc. Very temping!!!!

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by dmpdx@comcast.net
Great rig, But just beware of the user gossamer who will try to crap the thread and tell everyone that the geforce 6600 w/ 256 is not a capable video card, which everyone knows it is. Just giving you a heads up. Hope it sells.
-dsm
And that is why I hate people lol. Why does gossamer do that lol. I have played halflife2 doom 3, I mean just about everythign on this to test it and it ran great. I just have nowhere to put it, and also my powerbook in the end does everythign i need.

Anyways for anyone who buys this Ill toss in a logitech m518 ,i think it is, gaming mouse. Half life 2 and mabey warcraft. Im not sure if Im done playing that yet. Honestly I kinda would like an iBook to play on for some reason. Im not sure why but id liek to trade for one. But as we all say money talks and I definatley would liek to sell for cash.

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 02:43 AM

also on a side note the cpu heatsink and the heatsink on the video card were all cleaned and I applied arctic silver 5. Thats a pretty big detail for some people so I figure Ill note that. I can also get more pics if needed with a camera better then my phone. Those pics dont show the power supply or anythign but its there lol. If there is a specific shot you would like to see let me know and I'll arrange more pics.

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 04:04 PM

Ok so I was thinking more and I decided I definatley want a 12 inch iBook so Ill take older modles or lower speced modles as partial trade or even swap for one thats = value. So if you have an iBook and you want this make me offers.

Professional Poster
Aug 30, 2006, 04:33 PM

Phew...sorry I'm late!

dmpdx and I had quite a disagreement a little while ago when he tried to pass off a less-than-capable computer as a gaming machine. You have a REAL dual core CPU (he had hyperthreading and claimed it was dual core), 2 gigs of RAM (he had 512), a real GAMING graphics card (he had a cheapo $40 one), and a REAL cooling system (he was stock). You've built an excellent gaming computer, and I'm see that you've actually tried games with it and can verify its performance. I spec'd out just the parts you used on NewEgg, and they came out to be much more than $600, so buying this would actually be a good deal, unlike the other computer (parts total came to $373, he wanted $500).
If I hadn't already built my own PC this summer, I'd definitely be considering this as a second machine (my iBook is still my one and only love.) Good luck with your sale

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 04:47 PM

I saw your screen name as the last post and i was scared lol but thanks for the good comments. It is appreciated. I didnt even tally it up because I didnt wanna know how much im losing lol. What was the total if you dont mind?

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 08:24 PM

Ok so if someone works out deal with an iBook then I will toss in a 333mhz iMac G3. The aqua color or whatever the plain one is. Slot load cd. 128 and a 256 stick of ram. When i picked it up it had panther but it didnt have cds or serials so you could keep that or ill restore it to os9 with the restore disks. So this is included free if you trade me an iBook

Forum Regular
Aug 30, 2006, 08:32 PM

Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 04:35 PM

Here's the oversized image from NewEgg. I included everything but the fans, fan controller, monitor, mouse, keyboard, and case, and matched brands where mentioned.
BIG image

$863+cost of whatever I didn't mention

One of my roommates was looking to build a computer for about $600, but he kind of gave up on it for the time being. I'll see if he's interested though.

Professional Poster
Aug 31, 2006, 10:36 PM

Ygpm

Forum Regular
Sep 1, 2006, 12:24 AM

I emailed him

Forum Regular
Sep 5, 2006, 05:51 PM

bump

Forum Regular
Sep 8, 2006, 10:22 PM

bump again... I have decided that if someone has a base modle low spec MBP or a higher spec MB preferably a black one or the 2Ghz white, we could work out a trade for the pc and my final revision powerbook 15 inch with 1.5 gigs ram. So toss out some offers if you have anything.

Sep 10, 2006, 12:43 AM

Ygpm
This land is your land...SO GET CLEANIN'!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules