Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: Pioneer 500 watt Home Theater System HTD-520DV $120obo

FS: Pioneer 500 watt Home Theater System HTD-520DV $120obo
Baninated
Oct 16, 2006, 02:32 PM

Please contact my husband at cash68@gmail.com with any questions.

Pioneer HTD 520 DV home theater system. Built in Dolby Digital, DTS decoders, 114 watt subwoofer, 500 watts total system power, 5 disc changer, remote, acoustic environment effects, setup to allow you to tell the receiver how far apart your speakers are (really good thing to do), instructions, shielded center channel, and most importantly: The front surrounds are BIG BOOKSHELF sized speakers, made with MDF cabinets. When listening to music, it sounds pretty damn good. This is important if you ever plant o listen to music. Most HTIB systems include ‘really tiny surrounds which sound like total crap when reproducing music. The rear surrounds are pretty decent also, but they’re small ‘satellite’ type speakers. Evyerthing is silver, and it’s in pretty good hsape. The bad: When playing movies with surround sound, it starts ‘clicking’ and you lose power to the front surrounds and center channel. I’m not sure why. To get around this, either switch to stereo mode, or turn it off and wait for it to ‘cool’. I tried fixing this, I removed the case, and used a hole saw and drilled 2 2” holes on each side of the case, then filed them, and painted with matching paint. Looks pretty good, but that doesn’t matter since you can’t see the sides of this thing when it’s in an entertainment center anyway. Unfortunately, that didn’t help, and it still does this clicking thing when playing some surround movies after a certain period of time. If you have any suggestions I can try to fix it. Here are the specs:

The Pioneer HTD520 DVD/CD changer includes a powerful built-in amplifier, an AM/FM Digital tuner in an integrated 5.1 DTS Surround Sound System!
Features include:
-500 Watts Total System Power
-115 watts x 2 for left and right front channels
-52 watts for center channel
-52 watts x 2 for left and right surround (rear) channels
-114 watts for subwoofer
-AM/FM Tuner with 30 Presets Mode
-Dolby Digital/Pro-Logic II and DTS Decoders
-5-Disc Carousel-Type DVD/CD Receiver
-Plays DVDs, DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs and Video CDs
-Also plays CDs, CD-Rs and CD-RWs
-Clock with Sleep & Wake-up Timer
-96kHz/24-bit DAC for Superb Sound Quality
-Advanced Theater Modes (Standard, Musical, Drama, Action, Virtual Surround 1, Virtual Surround 2, --Rear Wide
-DSP Modes include Hall 1,Hall 2, Jazz, Dance, Theater 1, and Theater 2
-Midnight Listening Mode
-Powerbass mode
-S-Video out, Digital In, Subwoofer Out
-Includes: Remote control, 2 'AA' batteries, AM Loop Antenna, FM Antenna, and connecting cable (RCA)

Oddly enough, it's been fine today. I tested the DTS track on sin city for over an hour, no problems. Same for the dolby digital on ronin.

Forum Links
Forum Rules