Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTT/WTS: Laptops, Xserve, Office, VPC w/ XP

WTT/WTS: Laptops, Xserve, Office, VPC w/ XP
Forum Regular
Jan 17, 2007, 12:57 PM

Looking for: iMac 24" 7600GT MXM PCI-e video card, Tmobile or unlocked GSM phone, Projector(at least 1024x768 native), 24"+ LCDs, ultraportable laptop (PC).

Here's the goods:

G5 1u XServe Cluster Node $1400 shipped
Dual 2GHz G5 Processors
4GB ECC RAM
80GB SATA HDD
OSX Server Panther (10.3)

Makes a great workstation for photoshop, etc. Much cheaper than a tower, if you have the room for it!

Xserve pics

Macintosh Powerbook G3 Series (Lombard/Bronze Keyboard)
PowerPC G3 400MHz Processor
192MB Memory
6GB Hard Drive
DVD Drive
Yoyo AC Adapter
No Battery

Lombard pics

Formatted fresh with Panther OSX 10.3 and all updates installed. $200 shipped.

Retail version of Virtual PC 7 with Windows XP Pro media/license. This was part of the Office 2004 Professional package that I had earlier available, but they were only interested in the Office portion. Basically will turn your G4 or G5 into a Windows XP Professional running box, media and license for XP Professional is included in the package. $100 shipped.

I have here a Macintosh G5 case. Purchased from ebay, its the epic case for any case mod.

The bad: this case was subjected to a coolant leak from a liquid cooled G5. When they say the G5 coolant is corrosive, they mean it. There are some rusted nuts, slight discoloration on the bottom of the case- all from only 2 days of soaking.

The good: I have stripped this mac case down to the individual pieces and have removed all of the coolant residue as well as cleaned the surfaces. The screws and nuts affected by the coolant has been separated into individual baggies and there are only a few locations where you can still see the issue when reassembled. I also have all of the front panel electronics, so you can keep the look and feel of the on/off button, USB, audio, FW ports.

I still have this in pieces or can/will reassemble prior to shipping depending on what the buyer wants.

Looking for $120 shipped obo

G5 Pics in a zip file

Apple Pro Speakers $30 shipped obo
922-6071 922-4352 M8756G/A Harman Kardon New, Apple Pro Speakers, Apple Mac and iPod Accessories

Apple iPod FW Wall Charger $20 shipped
Apple iPod USB Cable $10 shipped
( Last edited by wpd7; Feb 15, 2007 at 01:21 AM. Reason: item sold)

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 18, 2007, 11:21 PM

to the top...

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 23, 2007, 11:19 PM

Added pics to xserve...

bump

wpd7  (op)
Forum Regular
Jan 30, 2007, 02:13 AM