Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > FS: 15" Ti Powerbook 500mhz $175 shipped

FS: 15" Ti Powerbook 500mhz $175 shipped
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2007, 01:40 PM

Some assembly and a hard drive required.

Here's the scoop: I took this in as a partial trade for another computer. It looks like it's been through the end of the world, but it runs like a champ. I took it partially apart, intending to replace a case part and the hard drive. I'm up to my eyeballs in ibooks right now and have to admit that there is no way I'm going to get to this one any time soon.

The faults: The case is pretty scratched and worn looking. The screen has some scratches on it. When it came in, the screen had 4-5 green lines running vertically on it, which I would diagnose as a pinched wire. The dvd drive was operational part of the time, but I think a good cleaning would clear it up. It needs a hard drive (I have some smaller ones around and could include one for the right deal). It came without all of the screws and I will send it on will all of them that were on it when I got it.

The good: that little logic board is great - runs like a dream. The set also includes a second palmrest case part. The original was missing a piece and I bought the 2nd thinking I'd have time to put it on.

I know there are a ton of tibook fans here and there has to be one of you who wants to take the time to rebuild this. I will post pics if there is interest and I will also consider trades. An identical logic board (just the board) recently went for $175 on fleabay, so I'm thinking my pricing is acceptable but will also take feedback on it.

Thanks for taking the time to read all this!

PM or post with interest.

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2007, 04:50 PM

I've had a couple of PMs, so I posted the pics here:

Photos

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 30, 2007, 02:02 PM

It's a done deal! Thanks for all the interest everyone!

Forum Links
Forum Rules