Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Spam Reporting Contest-Ideas Here Please

Spam Reporting Contest-Ideas Here Please (Page 2)
Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2009, 05:12 AM

I guess once again it's time for my monthly inquiry about the contest.

Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2009, 07:04 AM

At this point it seems fairly clear that the contest isn't actually happening.

It was a cool idea, but it must be too much work to keep track of it.

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Clinically Insane
Nov 20, 2009, 07:32 AM

I still fail to see the point, anyway.

Report spam on sight if you find it annoying (I do), or don't if you can't be arsed.

That's the current system, and it appears to work well.

Unless, of course, prizes are things like random mod powars for two weeks, or such. Being able to wreak havoc would certainly spark real interest in this contest.

Administrator
Nov 20, 2009, 09:40 AM

It's actually not that much work-once I get time to do the work. My "real" job has been really taking lots and lots of time and effort, and when I get online (sometimes for just a tiny bit of time), I don't have the energy to collect the data. This is changing soon; I move to a new job with better hours and an incredibly short commute, so within a few weeks I'll have lots more time to do lots of things, including catching up on 2 months' worth of spam reporting stats.

I sincerely apologize for being so tardy with this. I did not think I'd have this much trouble finding time to collect and post the data. I hope to have everything caught up for the current stuff by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, and November's numbers handled very early in December.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Posting Junkie
Nov 20, 2009, 09:59 AM

Sounds good. Good luck with your schedule, Glenn. And thanks for keeping us posted.

Forum Links
Forum Rules