Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > No link to Forums from front page of MacNN

No link to Forums from front page of MacNN
Eug
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2011, 06:58 PM

It's been like this for a while now. The parent tab to the Forums on the front page isn't actually a link to the forums. The associated link in that tab is this:

http://www.macnn.com/#

To get to the forums you either have to use a link to one of the subforums, or else just type in the URL manually.

Same goes for all the other tabs. Is this intentional? Cuz if it is, it seems counter-intuitive to me.

Jul 24, 2011, 07:49 PM

When you mouse-over the Forums tab, there is a "Main" link all the way to left of the sub-forums links that appear. That "Main" link is forums.macnn. com.
It does seem odd, though, that you can't just click that top Forums tab and get the forums main page.

Eug  (op)
Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Thorzdad View Post
When you mouse-over the Forums tab, there is a "Main" link all the way to left of the sub-forums links that appear. That "Main" link is forums.macnn. com.
Ah yes, I see.

It does seem odd, though, that you can't just click that top Forums tab and get the forums main page.
Yes, especially since it's actually a link. It's just a link to nowhere. If it's intentional that the parent tab doesn't go anywhere, then maybe the link should just be removed (if possible).

Clinically Insane
Jul 24, 2011, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Eug View Post
Ah yes, I see.

Yes, especially since it's actually a link. It's just a link to nowhere. If it's intentional that the parent tab doesn't go anywhere, then maybe the link should just be removed (if possible).
The JavaScript event is probably attached to the link, the href is pretty much irrelevant to visitors with JS enabled in their browsers

Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2011, 02:57 PM

If you're sent to an Electronista article from the MacNN front page, the "Main" link is missing from the Forums tab. See below.

Sony claims world's thinnest pocket camera, adds WX30, W550 | Electronista

Nobody ever mentions my legendary sexual prowess.

Professional Poster
Aug 2, 2011, 07:43 AM

wow; the main rollover menu link is working again. someone reads the feedback from there? or did our admins kick 'em enough times to do something about it?

Administrator
Aug 2, 2011, 06:57 PM

I didn't do it. ™

Games Meister
Aug 2, 2011, 07:15 PM

I'm sure it was an accident.

Administrator
Aug 2, 2011, 09:53 PM

Someone stumbled over the server and fixed it. It's the NN way.

Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2011, 01:43 AM

Forum Links
Forum Rules