Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > Brief update on Shaddim-raleur tiff?

Brief update on Shaddim-raleur tiff? (Page 2)
Thread Tools
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Jan 4, 2013, 02:02 PM
 
Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
"Roll up, roll up! See the fantastical Internet Sideshow! SEE the amazing Internet Vigilante! BE AMAZED by the feats of the Internet Hero! LAUGH at the Internet Clowns! THRILL to the internet Daredevil. Sorry son, no looking behind the curtain. Staff only, I'm afraid."
As the punters queue out front, in the caravans behind the tent performers are putting on their costumes and makeup. In a van with sides marked "Internet Hero" Bradley Townsend dons a threadbare padded suit that was handed down from his father, while the clowns outside pass a whiskey bottle around.
【 camera pans past your caravan, but we can't quite see the writing on the side 】
"Enjoy the show folks!"

Dude, got some cotton candy? Milk Duds?


Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike. His self-imposed exile makes this place less interesting.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jan 4, 2013, 02:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post

Dude, got some cotton candy? Milk Duds?
Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike. His self-imposed exile makes this place less interesting.
I think your self-esteem is a little higher than his.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2001
Status: Offline
Jan 4, 2013, 02:09 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike. His self-imposed exile makes this place less interesting.
I agree. I disagree with you and Doofy on almost everything, but I do enjoy your posts.

But then, I like Ca$h's posts too.

Interesting personalities make an interesting forum.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 07:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike. His self-imposed exile makes this place less interesting.
I miss Doofy too, but Doofy brought as much inane bullshit to MacNN as anyone else. We're talking about a guy who vehemently argued that Peak Oil was a myth, Slobodan Milosevic was a freedom fighter against the bloodthirsty Arabs, and the world would be a safer place if nuclear weapons were available for any rich person to buy. Not to forget the whole anarchist "we'd all be better off without government" bit of course. And a huge inter alia of wildly out-there stuff.

I guess my point is that it's a bit disingenuous to paint ol Doofy as a noble soul who grew too weary of MacNN's bullshit.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 11:06 AM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
I don't recall clearly, but I think it was savings.
Oh come on, you guys. He got a payout from GM when they bought out all of those union jobs, I'm pretty sure it was 6 figures. So he "retired."

But his job isn't retirement or volunteer work, he got (gets?) paid to run a house for troubled kids, living with them. He'd often complain about how terrible the "per hour" pay was, ignoring the provided housing and using a 24-hour day for the wage. Not to minimize the work he did, but he sure took every opportunity to mention it.

Regarding this thread's drama, I'm split between Sek and Shortcut. I don't see the difference between telling a whole bunch of people about all of the cars that you own while posting individual pictures (always from the ads/former owners), and actually posting a picture of even a few of those cars together. When pressed, it's always, "One of my hot bisexual wives (I have more than one wife, you guys) is the shutterbug, not me. I can't snap an iPhone pic and throw it on Dropbox or Imgur. BTW did you guys know I'm worth 60 mil?"

Shaddim always talks about quitting other forums because of wealth-related drama, and I hope this isn't a drama that pushes him away from MacNN. But if it is, I hope it's clear that no one took issue with his wealth. I don't recall anyone getting snarky when he threw around the 60 mil figure. No one flipped out when he apparently has a Bat Phone that connects him to the Top Gear presenters. No one really even cares that he buys all of these nice cars, but raleur certainly brought up some sketchy points (that could easily have reasonable explanations), and all of the drama could be quelled with a simple iPhone shot, but somehow that's not an option. So again, we can make a list, with pictures, of a whole lot of nice cars that Shaddim has bought. What's the difference between that list, and a single picture with several of those cars together?
( Last edited by Laminar; Jan 6, 2013 at 11:21 AM. )
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 11:22 AM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike.
Don't sell yourself short. He was an arrogant asshole, basically a conservative version of lpk. You make this place more interesting, he made it more hostile.
     
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 12:36 PM
 
The original complaint in this thread is no longer applicable - vB does not have per-thread blocks.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Bang! Bang!
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 01:54 PM
 
There always is the rub two sticks method.

Have a mod say "do not post in this thread again".
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2001
Status: Offline
Jan 6, 2013, 06:05 PM
 
I don't see why anyone should have to jump through hoops to prove who they are/what they have/who they screw to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

I also don't understand why anyone would take anything they read on the internet as gospel.

BTW: my notes indicate that Railroader was a wax worker who took a pay-off from Geraldo Rivera when he became entrenched. Then he was put in a home for troubling kids.

I must admit I spilt coffee on my notebook and his page is a little smudgy.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 05:57 AM
 
Wow.

I've been traveling for the last week, and only today have I had some free time to check up on you guys, so you can imagine my surprise at finding an entire thread devoted to this silly thing.

It's only fair that I should explain some things, but first, a couple of reactions to your questions.

First: you guys have too much time on your hands!

Second: there's nothing unfair about banning me from the thread- I knew that was likely when I made those posts, so I was not surprised at all when it happened. No, I was not warned beforehand, but I got what I deserved and expected, so I consider a warning a non-issue.

So, while I appreciate Shortcut's concern, I do not believe that there was anything unfair in the way the matter was handled.

Now, as for the "why" part:

First: I completely agree that someone who wishes to create a fictional persona on the internet should be free to do so- to an extent. In fact, I defend Shaddim's creation of a persona in this post- but note that I qualify my support: let him do what he wants so long as he doesn't use it to claim access to special truths.

Shaddim can claim he's the Prince of Persia for all I care, and if his tale is entertaining, then more power to him. The truth of it is irrelevant so long as it is there for entertainment. But if he bases his arguments in other threads on his princely authority, then his credibility becomes a legitimate issue for discussion.

As many of you know, Shaddim makes arguments based on personal experience all the time in P/L; in fact, he goes out of his way to make these claims. If Shaddim chooses to call attention to himself as a means of proving a point, if he wants to claim that his personal experience gives him the authority to make an argument, then Shaddim himself has put his personal credibility on the table and invited us to question it.

Indeed, if we want to have rational (and reasonable) discussions, we are obliged to question the authority of the information we use as well as the credibility of that information's source.

In other words, Shaddim can spin all the tales he wants in a car thread, because whether he owns them is irrelevant. But when his supposed wealth (or his need for us to believe in it) is the source of claims he makes in serious discussions in other threads, then he must be able to back up his claims or shut up.

Unfortunately, the one place where Shaddim's flimsy credibility was most obviously and easily exposed was the car thread: give a liar enough rope and he will hang himself.

I am sorry to have ruined what was good, harmless fun for many, but I make no apologies for pointing out the truth.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 06:03 AM
 
Originally Posted by abbaZaba View Post
Shaddim: why not just answer the question and not dance around with words? you make these long winded posts talking about everything BUT the questionable points raleur brings up.

you seem to understand how to use the quote feature to reply to sections of a long post. everything is laid out here. what's stopping you?
He cannot answer my questions reasonably because to do so would require telling the truth, which is that he does not own all the cars he claim(ed) to own. It's much easier to remove the incriminating evidence.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 06:19 AM
 
Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
BTW, I have been requesting pictures of all the cars- mainly because I'm a car nut- from Shaddim but (and I do believe him) no dice because of security reasons.
If Shaddim had refused to post personal pictures for security reasons, then he has made a serious error, because his pictures came from pages that give the owners' names and locations.

By the way, both people still own the cars depicted. Draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
I mean, why would someone come onto a Mac/Apple forum just to lie about their lifestyle? Seems pointless and a waste of time to me.
I agree completely- lying seems pointless to me, but that's obviously not true for everyone.

Originally Posted by MacinTommy View Post
I've also had some PMs back and forth with him and asked "why not post/join an exotic car forum?" and his reply was that something like they are too ridiculous/immature... which is true.
Perhaps they are also more likely to spot inconsistencies, recognize certain cars, or even own the car in question?
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 06:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by andi*pandi View Post
Aside from the hassle, I don't see why Shaddim couldn't post pix of the fleet... I hate to see anyone pull all their pix and retreat to their shell.
Sometimes, getting rid of the incriminating evidence is the only option that remains.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 10:43 AM
 
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Oh come on, you guys. He got a payout from GM when they bought out all of those union jobs, I'm pretty sure it was 6 figures. So he "retired."
Yeah, but he claimed the reason he could retire with no debt was because he was so shrewd in his youth. Still, how far are you gonna get on that kind of money with a family? That's why it always seemed absurd.

Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
But his job isn't retirement or volunteer work, he got (gets?) paid to run a house for troubled kids, living with them. He'd often complain about how terrible the "per hour" pay was, ignoring the provided housing and using a 24-hour day for the wage. Not to minimize the work he did, but he sure took every opportunity to mention it.
I don't think I ever fully caught on that he was being paid 24 hours a day, but it does seem familiar that he'd also play the "I'm never off the clock" card. Anyway, you're doing something wrong when your attitude regarding the good work you do makes you unbearable to converse with on any related subjects.



Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Don't sell yourself short. He was an arrogant asshole, basically a conservative version of lpk. You make this place more interesting, he made it more hostile.
*tazes self to prevent adding in*
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 10:46 AM
 
Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
I don't see why anyone should have to jump through hoops to prove who they are/what they have/who they screw to a bunch of strangers on the internet.
No one has said they have to.

Originally Posted by Face Ache View Post
I also don't understand why anyone would take anything they read on the internet as gospel.
I think there's a nice middle-ground between gospel and flat-out lies. SOP is to give people the benefit of the doubt until shown otherwise.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 12:02 PM
 
It's amazing how much faster the forums load. Thank god.
     
Posting Junkie
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 03:33 PM
 
I'm trying to express the fact that I appreciate Dakar's post, but there's no simple link I can click that allows me the opportunity.
     
Games Meister
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Eternity
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 03:34 PM
 
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
It's amazing how much faster the forums load. Thank god.
Heh, wrong thread.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 05:59 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
I miss Doofy too, but Doofy brought as much inane bullshit to MacNN as anyone else. We're talking about a guy who vehemently argued that Peak Oil was a myth, Slobodan Milosevic was a freedom fighter against the bloodthirsty Arabs, and the world would be a safer place if nuclear weapons were available for any rich person to buy. Not to forget the whole anarchist "we'd all be better off without government" bit of course. And a huge inter alia of wildly out-there stuff.

I guess my point is that it's a bit disingenuous to paint ol Doofy as a noble soul who grew too weary of MacNN's bullshit.
This is at the heart of my main issue with many posters around here. Where did I say he was a "noble soul"? When have I ever characterized him as anything other than an interesting, albeit eccentric, individual? How far will you go to score points in a "discussion"?

Manipulation and distortion is what led to; the creation of "raleur", a breach of security in an online account, and subsequently caused an invasion of my privacy (which is now being investigated by the authorities).
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: 46 & 2
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 06:19 PM
 
Originally Posted by raleur View Post
If Shaddim had refused to post personal pictures for security reasons, then he has made a serious error, because his pictures came from pages that give the owners' names and locations.

By the way, both people still own the cars depicted. Draw your own conclusions.
Both people do not own both cars, I bought the car from Mike Sneed. He and his wife are my friends. Again, more distortion to fit your agenda.

"Oh, I was on vacation", "my word, how shocking all this is!" At least you revealed a weakness in one of my email accounts. That's valuable, I guess.

Sincerely, go **** yourself/selves (however many people who are involved in "raleur"). I'm done with the discussion, on all levels. Here's "the finger" and welcome to the ignore list.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 07:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by raleur View Post
As many of you know, Shaddim makes arguments based on personal experience all the time in P/L; in fact, he goes out of his way to make these claims. If Shaddim chooses to call attention to himself as a means of proving a point, if he wants to claim that his personal experience gives him the authority to make an argument, then Shaddim himself has put his personal credibility on the table and invited us to question it.

Indeed, if we want to have rational (and reasonable) discussions, we are obliged to question the authority of the information we use as well as the credibility of that information's source.

In other words, Shaddim can spin all the tales he wants in a car thread, because whether he owns them is irrelevant. But when his supposed wealth (or his need for us to believe in it) is the source of claims he makes in serious discussions in other threads, then he must be able to back up his claims or shut up.

Unfortunately, the one place where Shaddim's flimsy credibility was most obviously and easily exposed was the car thread: give a liar enough rope and he will hang himself.

I am sorry to have ruined what was good, harmless fun for many, but I make no apologies for pointing out the truth.
I have noticed that Shaddim is one of those people who has an opinion on pretty much everything. Nothing wrong with that, if you give me a minute to think about it, I'll tend to form one on most things too. He also tends to work on the assumption that whatever conclusion he has drawn on a subject is absolutely correct and anyone who wishes to disagree is absolutely wrong. Not always but mostly. Again, we all do this to an extent, I know I certainly do.

I actually think this fits in well with the picture of him that I have in my head from reading his various posts with tidbits of lifestyle, life story and opinion over the years. People with considerable wealth and/or success are often very driven and very confident. I have known more than one person who thought it better to have a wrong answer (and sound certain about its accuracy) than not to have one at all. They weren't in the same league of wealth as Shaddim describes, but then they happened to be idiots who were rarely correct about anything and only had any money at all through being in the right place at the right time. I imagine Steve Jobs operated on similar lines a lot of the time, but he of course was right far more often than not, so its definitely an approach that can work for you. Its not just about having any answer of course, its more about deciding on what you want the answer to be, then trying to convince everyone else thats what the answer is. Often relentlessly.

I must confess a certain amount of disappointment that Shaddim can't find a way to take any pics of his fleet without risking security somehow. He is certainly knowledgable enough to use a camera without GPS, or to strip the GPS data off the images. I would think at least a couple of interior shots or under the hood that show nothing but car would be feasible, but I can google for those images if I really want to see them so it makes no difference to me. I simply don't care enough one way or the other if any of it is true or not.

As for why someone would want to lie on the internet, this seems a rather odd question to ask. There have been many documented cases of people using the internet to pose as something they aren't. I knew at least two kids in primary/elementary school who made stuff up all the time. "My dad knows Michael Jackson" or "I'm going to watch the cup final from a directors box", that sort of thing. That was long before people thought of doing it on the internet. Its also kind of the point of playing an MMO too isn't it? Just [esteem-boosting] escapism.

I've read plenty of things in Shaddim's post that have made me think "He must be making that up" but then I think "well people like that do exist, so why wouldn't one of them post on a Mac forum if they felt like it?". Ultimately I've no way of knowing, but I've never felt the need to call him out on any of his claims. If its all true, good for him. If not, what does it really matter? It isn't hurting anyone is it?

That said, it can be fun to try and catch someone in a lie, or at least test their ability to run with it.
I have plenty of more important things to do, if only I could bring myself to do them....
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 07:37 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Both people do not own both cars, I bought the car from Mike Sneed. He and his wife are my friends. Again, more distortion to fit your agenda.

I thought you were going to keep your personal life to yourself? That is probably for the best... We don't need to know who this Mike Sneed guy is, or that he is your friend. We don't really need to know how much money you make either.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 07:41 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
This is at the heart of my main issue with many posters around here. Where did I say he was a "noble soul"? When have I ever characterized him as anything other than an interesting, albeit eccentric, individual? How far will you go to score points in a "discussion"?
Quick recap:
Originally Posted by Shaddim
There was one person from this forum whom I got to know in RL, they even visited us while on vacation. He doesn't post here anymore, though, partly because of the things I've already mentioned. He has more important things to do than engage in the same predictable old debates over and over again.
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Who was that, by the way?
Originally Posted by The Final Dakar View Post
My shot in the dark would be Doofy and his then fiancé. Railroader seems out of the question because I doubt he can get away from what he does.

Either way, I don't think your inquiry will bear fruit.
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
Huh? For the life of me I can't figure out why this would be secret information.
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Yeah, I miss Doofy. I could talk with him because we were the most alike. His self-imposed exile makes this place less interesting.
1. If you were responding positively to the presence of Doofy's name in this thread, but specifically not confirming that Doofy was the MacNN poster that visited you and who no longer posted here because of the "intractableness" and "tired debates" from other posters, then you could not have been more oblique in doing so;

Or,

2. If you were in fact confirming that Doofy was the poster in question, but are now taking umbrage with my translation of your vague description for why he no longer posts into his being a "noble soul", then: it's called hyperbole. It was used in response to your hilarious claim that Doofy no longer posted because everyone else is intractable and engages in tired old debates.

3. Either way, if either of the above is the case, then I apologize for the outrage I have caused you in mis-interpreting your wildly vague statements.

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Manipulation and distortion is what led to; the creation of "raleur", a breach of security in an online account, and subsequently caused an invasion of my privacy (which is now being investigated by the authorities).
So you're saying that raleur hacked your email account via MacNN? I'm not much of a computer expert and had no idea MacNN might expose me to this sort of vulnerability. Does this have something to do with the recent changeover? Mods, I'd appreciate any input you might have on this sort of security breach - I hope you understand my concern here, but if we have been exposed to this risk some of us need to know immediately (at least, I do). I'm off to change my passwords now....

Originally Posted by Shaddim
Sincerely, go **** yourself/selves (however many people who are involved in "raleur"). I'm done with the discussion, on all levels. Here's "the finger" and welcome to the ignore list.
You're the one constantly harping about raising the level of civil discourse around here. Then when something happens that makes you upset, this is what you post? Please.
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 07:44 PM
 
Originally Posted by Waragainstsleep View Post
I have noticed that Shaddim is one of those people who has an opinion on pretty much everything. Nothing wrong with that, if you give me a minute to think about it, I'll tend to form one on most things too. He also tends to work on the assumption that whatever conclusion he has drawn on a subject is absolutely correct and anyone who wishes to disagree is absolutely wrong. Not always but mostly. Again, we all do this to an extent, I know I certainly do.

I actually think this fits in well with the picture of him that I have in my head from reading his various posts with tidbits of lifestyle, life story and opinion over the years. People with considerable wealth and/or success are often very driven and very confident. I have known more than one person who thought it better to have a wrong answer (and sound certain about its accuracy) than not to have one at all. They weren't in the same league of wealth as Shaddim describes, but then they happened to be idiots who were rarely correct about anything and only had any money at all through being in the right place at the right time. I imagine Steve Jobs operated on similar lines a lot of the time, but he of course was right far more often than not, so its definitely an approach that can work for you. Its not just about having any answer of course, its more about deciding on what you want the answer to be, then trying to convince everyone else thats what the answer is. Often relentlessly.

I must confess a certain amount of disappointment that Shaddim can't find a way to take any pics of his fleet without risking security somehow. He is certainly knowledgable enough to use a camera without GPS, or to strip the GPS data off the images. I would think at least a couple of interior shots or under the hood that show nothing but car would be feasible, but I can google for those images if I really want to see them so it makes no difference to me. I simply don't care enough one way or the other if any of it is true or not.

As for why someone would want to lie on the internet, this seems a rather odd question to ask. There have been many documented cases of people using the internet to pose as something they aren't. I knew at least two kids in primary/elementary school who made stuff up all the time. "My dad knows Michael Jackson" or "I'm going to watch the cup final from a directors box", that sort of thing. That was long before people thought of doing it on the internet. Its also kind of the point of playing an MMO too isn't it? Just [esteem-boosting] escapism.

I've read plenty of things in Shaddim's post that have made me think "He must be making that up" but then I think "well people like that do exist, so why wouldn't one of them post on a Mac forum if they felt like it?". Ultimately I've no way of knowing, but I've never felt the need to call him out on any of his claims. If its all true, good for him. If not, what does it really matter? It isn't hurting anyone is it?

That said, it can be fun to try and catch someone in a lie, or at least test their ability to run with it.

Some interesting points here.

When you described rich people that think they know everything but are so often wrong I thought of Donald Trump, but I would say that with these sorts of people it isn't over-confidence that drives them to be this way, it's insecurity.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 08:32 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
I could talk with him because we were the most alike.
Oh I very much agree.
Originally Posted by Laminar View Post
Don't sell yourself short. He was an arrogant asshole, basically a conservative version of lpk.
I might compare you to someone else if I could remember a damn thng you ever said.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 08:33 PM
 
Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Both people do not own both cars, I bought the car from Mike Sneed. He and his wife are my friends. Again, more distortion to fit your agenda.
And there we have it: you might have owned the MGB or the Auburn, but could not possibly own both. Therefore, you do not own the Auburn that you claimed you bought.

In technical terms, this is known as a lie.

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
At least you revealed a weakness in one of my email accounts. That's valuable, I guess.
Yes, the weakness in your email account is known as a "Google reverse image search."

Here, I will save you the next step: yes, you have many friends in law enforcement, and I am sure a crackerjack task force is being assembled at this moment to investigate the serious breach that occurs in one's email when one is stupid enough to post pictures they pasted from the internet.

Originally Posted by Shaddim View Post
Sincerely, go **** yourself/selves (however many people who are involved in "raleur"). I'm done with the discussion, on all levels. Here's "the finger" and welcome to the ignore list.
Yeah, nobody saw that coming.
     
Dedicated MacNNer
Join Date: Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 08:38 PM
 
Originally Posted by ShortcutToMoncton View Post
So you're saying that raleur hacked your email account via MacNN? I'm not much of a computer expert and had no idea MacNN might expose me to this sort of vulnerability. Does this have something to do with the recent changeover? Mods, I'd appreciate any input you might have on this sort of security breach - I hope you understand my concern here, but if we have been exposed to this risk some of us need to know immediately (at least, I do). I'm off to change my passwords now....
No worries, I hacked his email account via a Google search. Yes, I'm that good.
     
Addicted to MacNN
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Rock
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 08:43 PM
 
Look, guys, this isn't the place for an armchair analysis of Shaddim's psyche. It's stupid and pointless, and the same sort of thing could be done about any one of us - we all have our quirks and oddities. Double for Dakar

I was specifically concerned that raleur had been banned or faced some unknown discipline for raising what seemed to be legitimate concerns about Shaddim's claims. It was an attempt for a little more transparency in that department, which was easily accomodated by reader50.

I see nothing wrong with continuing the discussion on raleur's points of evidence, but I don't see any need for the seemingly personal attacks on other posters.

Cheers
Mankind's only chance is to harness the power of stupid.
     
Clinically Insane
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: yes
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 08:58 PM
 
Originally Posted by lpkmckenna View Post
I might compare you to someone else if I could remember a damn thng you ever said.

Well, he is a huge fan of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, that much I can remember.
     
Administrator
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: California
Status: Offline
Jan 7, 2013, 09:22 PM
 
This thread seems to have gone way off base. Too much personal stuff. Based on several statements, the account hacked was an email account. With no obvious connection to the forums.

     
 
Thread Tools
Forum Links
Forum Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Top
Privacy Policy
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 AM.
All contents of these forums © 1995-2015 MacNN. All rights reserved.
Branding + Design: www.gesamtbild.com
vBulletin v.3.8.8 © 2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2