Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > www.macnn.com redirects to t.macnn.com on ios/ipad

www.macnn.com redirects to t.macnn.com on ios/ipad
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 28, 2013, 06:49 PM

When I try to view "www.macnn.com", it redirects to t.macnn.com. On most ios browsers, I can at least switch it to desktop view. On Opera Mini, I can't.

I've tried seeing what happens with other Onswipe enabled websites. Some redirect as yours does, some don't. Which leads me to believe it should be possible for the macnn people to stop www from redirecting to t. I know, use another browser, and switch it manually. But I don't see why Onswipe should be the default, with any browser. It's about as bad as the "you should download our app to view our site" popups.

Clinically Insane
Sep 28, 2013, 08:31 PM

I ****ing HATE when sites do that, or ask me EVERY. ****ING. TIME.

Addicted to MacNN
Sep 28, 2013, 08:47 PM

Responsive site layout is where it's at. Then there's no browser identification, no forcing a completely different site on your users - just rearranging existing content to fit the screen size.

Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 29, 2013, 07:10 PM

They could at least make the vile thing "opt in" rather than "opt out". It shouldn't be too much to ask.

Managing Editor
Oct 29, 2013, 08:26 PM

It shouldn't be ignoring user preferences again. I've passed this up to management. Thanks for pointing it out.

Clinically Insane
Oct 29, 2013, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by shifuimam View Post
Responsive site layout is where it's at. Then there's no browser identification, no forcing a completely different site on your users - just rearranging existing content to fit the screen size.
It's also generally cheaper than maintaining two separate sites.

Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 2, 2013, 10:45 AM

It seems to remember the preferences; I just wish they would set onswipe mode to "off" as the default. It would be more user friendly that way.

Forum Links
Forum Rules