Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > Unauthorized ad

Unauthorized ad
roc
May 11, 2000, 10:50 PM

I really think we should get behind the German company that ran the unauthorized ad.
Thereupon, I sent an e-mail to Apple...

-------------------

To whom,

A German company recently ran an unauthorized ad. It was a brilliant ad. They did it
for the right reasons.

I think that punishing them would be a mistake. There are millions of us that "misuse"
Apple's trademark, etc. on a daily basis on our personnal and professional websites,
and this has been of great benefit to Apple, especially when you were down.

Make them sign agreement stating "I'll never do it again" or face real and stringent
penalties. Issue a press stating your displeasure. Impose a symbolic punishment (i.e.
$1 fine) and then make sure they get all the Macs they need at a really good price with a
couple Studio Displays thrown in for good measure.

Were they "bad boys" for "misusing" Apple's trademarks? Yup, but if you punish
you're gonna piss a lot of us bad boys - you know the misfits, the crazies, the square
pegs in the round holes, etc. or were those just words?

enjoy,

Ron Carlson
CitizenMac, Inc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules