Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Our Archives > General Archives > Macs in the Media > What about magazine advertisements?

What about magazine advertisements?
Dagen
Nov 8, 2000, 10:53 PM

Why is that Apple posts their TV ads online but not their print ads?

They have some of the most cool print advertising ever. Have you seen this weeks Time or Rolling Stone? The Time magazine for this week has a two-page ad touting the ease of use of iMovie (similarly themed to the new TV ad aired on election night.)

Rolling Stone (which has extra-large pages, making the ad even better) is a rundown of neat reasons to buy an iMac (optical mouse, Harman/Kardon speakers,etc...)

These are very, very nice. I've noticed Apple pours tons of money into making great looking computers, and then wants to present the same two publicity photos to people. The print ads and TV ads are the only places to truly admire the fantastic product design.

Problem is, the TV ads they go out of their way to underplay, and not everyone subscribes to magazines. (I just take a peek at the local gas station

And I need hardly mention that downloading video is a pain for people with slow connections like me.

Anyone else agree with me on any of these points?

Forum Links
Forum Rules