1. I have a G3 500 and love it. With MacOS Z-9.1 and trying to update to 9.2. CD is in the drive, I boot holding down C, the disk doesn't boot.
2. I get to the desktop again, select the CD as startup disk, and reboot, and get a bomb with:
"Sorry, a system error...unimplemented trap...To temp turn off extensions, restart and hold down the shift key". So, like, I hold down shift, same error again. Eject CD, Powerbook reboots back to desktop.
3. Sigh. Finished a bottle of vodka.
4. I looked at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=18999
but, er, this didn't help. "When you consistently get unimplemented trap errors, you should look at the software on your hard disk since it could be corrupted, or incompatible." Hmmm.. ok then...extensions are off already...like you told me to...
5. I searched at http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?127@@
!keywords=unimplemented%20trap but most of this seems OSX related
... - - - ...