Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.1 for International English

9.1 for International English
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 10, 2001, 06:24 PM

Thanks to a thread at http://www.maccentral.com/news/0101/09.os9.shtml among responses to a MacCentral article reviewing 9.1, there seems to be real hope that we International-English users can download 9.1 right now.

The trick (thanks to aditya_agarawal@usa.net) is to substitute 'uk' for 'us' in each URL of parts 02 to 15 of the North-American-English downloads. So, for example, the first URL (remember, we already have access to part 1, which is the SMI) becomes
http://a320.g.akamai.net/7/320/1388/20010108/download.akamai.co m/apple/9.1/uk/Mac_OS_9.1_Update_02of15.part.bin

I have tried this first piece of the puzzle myself and have just successfully d/l'd and expanded the file. For each subsequent part, just update '02of15' in the URL above to '03of15', '04of15' and so on. I must stress that I have only done this for part 02 as yet, so I cannot yet vouch for the final success of the endeavour nor confirm that 9.1 will install properly. However, this is the most encouraging approach yet, and I fully intend following it through.

Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by Curlywee (edited 01-10-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules