Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Visuals on iTune are Ultra-Kewl!

Visuals on iTune are Ultra-Kewl!
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2001, 01:01 AM

I'm really thoroughly amused by this tiny little feature of iTune. Hotel California was a real psychedelic experience with the Full Screen Visuals.

RubberDuckyDude
Jan 11, 2001, 01:54 AM

ITS A PSYCHEDELIC FREAK OUT! yea, those are pretty trippy man...whoa. ne got ne crack lyin around??? heheh

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2001, 12:27 PM

No, the iTunes Visuals are actually a stripped-down version of a popular visual plugin for SoundJam and other MP3 players, called G-Force. http://www.55ware.com/
<A HREF="http://www.macnet2.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi" TARGET=_blank>
MacNet v2 Forums</A>

P7
Jan 11, 2001, 02:15 PM

I've been using G-Force for a while, and I think it's the best visualization plugin available.. I really hope the author got some financial compensation from Apple for it. And I hope he continues to develop it for them, too. It's great, but it could be better.

What I would LOVE to see is visualization software that has different effects for different frequencies... or maybe even different /types/ of sounds. And past that, one that can recognize patterns in music so that it could better coordinate, then shift the scheme when the music shifts.

Forum Regular
Jan 11, 2001, 02:21 PM

I noticed the G force similarities but I like the accual G force better. It is much smoother.

ShaneK
Jan 11, 2001, 08:57 PM

iTunes installs a Visual Plug-Ins folder so where can you get more plug ins and how would you switch between them? Would Plug-ins for SoundJam work without modification or might i just have to change type and creator codes?

Any clues people?

Cheers

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 11, 2001, 10:10 PM

Well you could probably change the creator code and possibly the type also. I just found the creator code for iTunes. the creator code is hook and APPL for the type. hopefully that helps
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

ShaneK
Jan 12, 2001, 12:50 AM

I tried changing type and creator codes... no luck
Looks like theymight need to be specifically written for iTunes. Funny... the Help mentions other visual plug ins and how their options will show up after clicking the options button but doesn't say how to swithch between them.

I want more plug ins now! Instant gratification takes too long!

jordan
Jan 12, 2001, 05:04 AM

um, APPL is the type code for applications

Addicted to MacNN
Jan 12, 2001, 09:21 AM

Jordan, I believe you are wrong. I think APPL is only for Apple applications. Other apps have other type codes
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Forum Regular
Jan 12, 2001, 05:06 PM

Excuse me..."APPL" is type code for all applications...

Each one has it's own unique creator code...

Just thot I'd mention that...
The branches of the Great Tree grow without end, yet the Maker knows them all. -D'ni Proverb

http://www.danielbergey.com/

Forum Links
Forum Rules