Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Please help: OS9 w/ multi-users.

Please help: OS9 w/ multi-users.
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 11, 2001, 10:29 AM

Hey all, I am hoping that someone more versed can help me out. I recently installed OS9 on my (the family) machine. I decided to go ahead and add multiple users, so that my wife could keep her own settings, and I could keep mine. Had no problem adding the new user (her) to the machine, however, I am having trouble getting apps to install correctly.

What is the correct process for installing an app onto a multi-user machine? What I had done was log in as me (the primary user) and install the app in an accessible folder. However, there seems to be items in the system folder which she cannot access when she logs in as her. So I figured I would fix the problem by logging in as her and installing the app again, however, this apparently did not work either.

Anyway, what would be the proper method. Also, can anyone tell me why AOL would work sometimes, but not other times? I went through the above process with AOL as well, and sometimes when she logs in, she is told that certain files do not exist, however, at other times, the whole thing works perfectly.

Argh!

Thanks for your help.

Spencer

Forum Links
Forum Rules