Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OS 9.1 Office 98

OS 9.1 Office 98
Pepper Aasgaard
Jan 11, 2001, 07:33 PM

MSWord problems, cannot get MS Word to open even when I reinstalled and updated Office '98. Any solutions? Can't even get the custom option to open anymore using any combination of keys like we had to do ever since 9.0.0

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 11, 2001, 08:15 PM

Seems okay here. Maybe set extensions to "OS All" and see if that helps. With Office 98 I keep all the extensions Office installed in the Office folder and seems to look there. Also MOM 2001 seems to have trouble with some systems and esp with 3rd party inits. The older MOM 98 is buggy and dirty and a plague.

Can't really help.

Pepper Aasgaard
Jan 12, 2001, 03:21 AM

I have reinstalled Office 98’ then I installed the update "Update All" to Office 98'. I then used "all" extensions from Mac OS9.1 and saved as an amended set. Still word has a “Type 2 error” conflict with OS 9.1. I finally opted to set the startup disk to an external hard with system 9.04 and it seems to work fine. Please advise as to what I can do to get office 98 to work with 9.1. Note I am unable to open get the “Office Manager” either. Thanks for your response.

[This message has been edited by Pepper Aasgaard (edited 01-12-2001).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules