Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iTunes! How do I change...

iTunes! How do I change...
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 18, 2002, 12:14 PM

Ok, OS X, iTunes 2.03. The thing that drives me nuts is the fact that I can't seem to rearange the order of songs in any way unless I make a new playlist and shove the songs in there. How do I change the order of songs being played? Sometimes I rip a cd and iTunes puts the songs in an incorrect order! Gahhh!!! Then it won't let me put them in the correct order!!!

The other thing that makes me crazy is that I can't seem to rename playlists once they are named. I ripped the Upper Crust's "Entitled" 2-disk set, and I forgot to name the playlists "1" and "2". Again, I can trash the playlists and start again, but isn't there an easier way?

I'm hoping someone out there can help with this. It's the only thing in iTunes that I'm havinng problems with.

Forum Regular
Jan 19, 2002, 11:18 AM

How do I change the order of songs being played?
Click on the Columns to sort by Song, Artist, Album, etc...
Dual G5 2.3 GHz Powermac, 2.5 GB ram, GeForce 6600, Belkin 4 port USB hub,, SyncMaster 21" LCD, iMic.

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2002, 12:42 AM

I have little experience using iTunes but have burned a CD. Put the songs I wanted to burn into a playlist then moved them into the order I wanted them to be burned by simply clicking and holding on the song and manually moving the song up or down on the list until all were in order. The songs were then burned in that order.

Mac Enthusiast
Jan 20, 2002, 12:45 AM

Oh and to rename a playlist, also very simple. Click once on the playlist so it is highlighted wait about a second then click on it again. A cursor will appear allowing you to rename the playlist.

Forum Links
Forum Rules