Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > usb audio / software update woes.

usb audio / software update woes.
eucci
Sep 4, 2000, 02:42 PM

is anyone having problems with software update (1.1.3) on mac os 9.0.4?

mine does the "checking for updates" box for a while (including all the heavy activity that it likes to do to check the disk apparently), then sits quietly (with the "checking for updates" still spinning) for a long while before complaining about not being able to connect to internet.

this is on an imac dv se (slot-loading, not summer 2000) with a potentially mussed up system folder.

before i go about trying a clean install to solve the problem i'm really having (usb audio device showing up in apple system profiler but NOT in sound control panel, even w/ current quicktime + mac os 9.0.4; was working fine last week until i had to solve a problem with DVD Player), I'm just wanting to find out if others are having prolems with Software Update connecting.

Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2000, 05:25 PM

After software update working fine for quite a while (after it being an arse to begin with) I've suddenly had the same prob as you.

eucci
Sep 4, 2000, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I had no luck connecting all day, even on a fresh mac os 9/9.0.4 install. it's nice to know i'm not the only one affected.

fortunately, i had a backup of my system folder from a couple of weeks ago that worked fine with the usb audio device. i finally got things sync'd enough that i should get back to work.

multigratzi

Mac Elite
Sep 4, 2000, 08:20 PM

Just out of curiousity, what kind of USB audio device have you got connected to your Mac?

eucci
Sep 4, 2000, 08:34 PM

Roland UA-30. Primarily to connect minidisc deck(s) digitally.

Forum Links
Forum Rules