Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > .img transfered on Windows

.img transfered on Windows
fvallee
Sep 7, 2000, 09:50 AM

Recently a friend of mine email to me a program with .img file format.

I receive the email on my office where i work on PC (sorry...)

I put the file on a CD and at home i put it on my iMAC DV but during these operations i've lost the resource fork of the file.

The question is : how can i make for reading correctly the file on my Mac ? With a program, change in Resedit (i've tried) ?

Please answer to me on my email too because i can't read this forum frequently.

Thank's for the answers

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2000, 05:11 PM

Just binhex the files (hqx it)

------------------
-See Yea!

Moderator Emeritus
Sep 8, 2000, 11:47 PM

You can also get your friend to use a program called 'Tri-Bar MRC' to separate the resource fork of the .img file from the data fork. The resource fork is them stored as a separate file from the data fork, and when you run both files through a de-MRC program, the two forks are once again joined and the whole .img file resides on your HD, ready for use...

It will take less time for him to MRC it and you to de-MRC it than for him to stuff it and you to unstuff it. But the MRC method requires that you both have the Tri-Bar MRC program on your computers. It can be found at http://www.tribar.dabsol.co.uk/mrc.html

Hope this helps.

Blizzard.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Forum Links
Forum Rules