Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > MS Setup problem with OS9.2.2

MS Setup problem with OS9.2.2
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2002, 10:14 AM

(Also Cross posted to MacFixit)

I have reinstalled OS9.2.2. Had to do a full reinitialize and reinstall. Now I am reinstalling all my apps. Seems that MS Setup for MS Project and MS Visual Foxpro will not run.

Does anyone know why the setup doesn't run anymore? The programs work fine on OS9.2.2 prior to my disk problems. I would like to get them installed and working again.

Any hints or pointers would be appreciated.

Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2002, 10:48 AM

Check your Disk again... I bet its corrupt

OS9.2 does that unless its the FULL version. It may be, I don't know, you haven't given us enough info... what type of machine? Etc.

Ditch 9.2 and go back to a FULL 9.1, or 9.04 if you can't get a full 9.1.

Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2002, 10:50 AM

Grr.

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Cipher13 ]

Nuke  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 4, 2002, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the idea. I ran Norton on the disk, the apple disk utility and Techtools. They don't see a problem. What specific issue are you alluding to?

I did a full reinstall from original CDs.

The specific error that I get is: "Microsoft Setup was not completed correctly" Nice!?

Running on a PBG3 (1999) Bronze
384MB RAM, 10GB HD
OSX10.1.2 & OS9.2.2 (I use OSX mostly with some work in OS922)

Thanks for your help
Nuke

Posting Junkie
Feb 6, 2002, 01:31 AM

Originally posted by Nuke:
<STRONG>Thanks for the idea. I ran Norton on the disk, the apple disk utility and Techtools. They don't see a problem. What specific issue are you alluding to?

I did a full reinstall from original CDs.

The specific error that I get is: "Microsoft Setup was not completed correctly" Nice!?

Running on a PBG3 (1999) Bronze
384MB RAM, 10GB HD
OSX10.1.2 & OS9.2.2 (I use OSX mostly with some work in OS922)

Thanks for your help
Nuke</STRONG>
Try DiskWarrior, its a nifty little program thats fixes all sort of directory (and subsequently file) problems. What Ciph is alluding to that that if you upgraded to 9.2 off of the downloadable files off Apple.com its not very good. Having the full install CD of any OS will always be better than the downloads off of Apple (9.1 anyone). The only reason I am running 9.2 is because it came on my G4, otherwise I would stick with major OS releases on CD form.

Nuke  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2002, 07:13 AM

Talked to an MS Support person today. It appears that this is a known issue with OS9 onwards. But the support on the two products has long expired so basically it is called "pound salt".

I will have to try and restore from the backup since it did run on OS9.2 prior to be doing the full reinstall.

I'll look into DiskWarrior too. I was waiting for them to come out with a full OSX compatible version since I now don't use OS9 other than Classic in OSX.

Thanks for your help

Forum Links
Forum Rules