Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.2.1 hosed iTunes!

9.2.1 hosed iTunes!
kjb
Dedicated MacNNer
Aug 22, 2001, 12:21 AM

Hey all. Anybody open up iTunes after the install of 9.2.1 to find their entire music library missing? I did. The files are still on the hard drive, but I've got zilch in my library. I figured 9.2 buggered up the prefs, but all my changes as far as file location and such are intact. I'm assuming I can just "add new files". I'll be pretty ticked off if I can't.

Kevin

Professional Poster
Aug 22, 2001, 01:40 AM

Everything is cool here. I read your post and checked iTunes and I'm listening to my library now, all 3 gigs, so it's not a 9.2.1 by itself issue.
All Your Signature Are Belong To Us!

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 22, 2001, 08:53 AM

No problems here, in fact, something else happened. My keyboard's volume buttons were controlling the iTunes volume instead of the main system volume.

But, the rest of 9.2.1 is *speed* for me. Geez, I must have had something wrong, because now my puter blazes again!

Darcy
Macbook (white glossy) 2.16GHz | 4GB RAM | 7200RPM HD | 10.5.x

Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2001, 11:00 AM

I have the same problem. 9.2.1 lost my playlists and all the songs in my Library. A simple "Add to Library" got all my songs back, but my playlists are all gone.

I also have the same response from my keyboard volume buttons. They control iTunes and not the system in general. I don't really like that...

And have any of you lost anything from Entourage???
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2001, 11:25 AM

Works fine with SoundJam MP+, no issues.
No problems so far, other than a D/L that finished as I was getting out of the shower. Glad I've got DSL and not a dial-up. Tonite I will load it on the OS X partition and see if there's any improvement, but all is well on my (used-to-be) OS 9.1 partition. Gotta get to work, this has me running late.

Forum Regular
Aug 22, 2001, 11:04 PM

I launched iTunes 1.1 after installing 9.2.1 and when I ran visuals full screen, my poor dual USB iBook freaked out, screen flashed changed to 640 x 480 and crashed! wow, I didn't care for that very much. iTunes plays audio CD ok.

Forum Regular
Aug 23, 2001, 02:55 AM

Installed 9.2.1 on a separate partition,(whew, almost an 8 hr download by modem) and everything went flawlessly. I got the shrinkwrap error message, too, but it still installed fine. Opened iTunes from another partition, and none of my playlists showed up, but my library was there. Funny thing, all of the titles in the library were duplicated, but only one of the duplicates plays...
Did anybody open Get Info on theMac O.S. 9.2.1 icon? In the comments section there's a message: 693-3460-Ciao. Anybody know what that means? Just curious. All the best to you all, Ken
(G4350, 1 GB ram, 9.1, 9.2.1, X, installed on various partitions).

Forum Regular
Aug 26, 2001, 06:38 PM

My itunes would not run amd when I did a find, it is in an invisible folder named "501" whis is in another invisible folder named ".trashes".

Anyone heard of these invisible folders, and what should I do?

I have reinstalled itunes but the application is still in the folders I described. I can only run itunes by launching it from the control strip.

imac 500/20/576 partioned/4x equally.

Any thoughts?
You do not really understand something unless you can explain
it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein

Mac Elite
Location: adrift in a sea of decadent luxury and meaningless sex
Aug 26, 2001, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by josntme:
<STRONG>My itunes would not run amd when I did a find, it is in an invisible folder named "501" whis is in another invisible folder named ".trashes".

Anyone heard of these invisible folders, and what should I do?
</STRONG>
I don't know what iToons is doing there, but those folders are where a file ends up if you put it in the trash in OS X, and then try to find it in OS 9. You can probably boot into X and take iToons (9 version) out of the trash (unless the one you found is an old X version of iToons...)
blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. the X makes it sound cool

Forum Regular
Aug 28, 2001, 05:11 PM

lucylawless you're so right.. Don't know how it got there though. Thanks
You do not really understand something unless you can explain
it to your grandmother."
- Albert Einstein

Forum Links
Forum Rules