Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iSub and OS 9.2.1 don't play together

iSub and OS 9.2.1 don't play together
CDL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 22, 2001, 10:02 AM

Anyone else not get there iSub for the iMac to work with OS 9.2.1

It shows up in the Sound Control Panel but it won't play with iTunes, QuickTime or DVD Player?

If anyone is curious the iSub hasn't worked with any version of OS X released (Public Beta to v10.0.4).
Thanks much,
CDL

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 23, 2001, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by CDL:
<STRONG>Anyone else not get there iSub for the iMac to work with OS 9.2.1

It shows up in the Sound Control Panel but it won't play with iTunes, QuickTime or DVD Player?

If anyone is curious the iSub hasn't worked with any version of OS X released (Public Beta to v10.0.4).</STRONG>
my isub works ok with 9.2.1 and a G4 Dual 533...

Senior User
Aug 23, 2001, 08:27 PM

Make sure input and output are hi-lighted in sound control panel. Unplug and replug iSub. Mine works fine.
iMac DV SE 400, OS 9.2.1
Who are the Brain Police?

CDL  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 24, 2001, 09:54 AM

I managed to find a solution with some help in the MacFixit Forum. This is what we discovered ... thanks for your input in this forum. If you are having the same problem this is what we've found to fix it.

------------------------------------------

Downgrading your "Apple Audio Extension" from v1.4.3 (OS 9.2.1) to v1.2.2 (OS 9.1) fixed the problem. I extracted the extension from the OS 9.1 CD using TomeViewer.

Be sure to delete your sound preferences before restarting and "Anonymous" was right you do need to unplug and replug in your iSub after restarting.

The iSub now works perfectly in iTunes, QuickTime and DVD Player.

(Strangely QuickTime and DVD Player now play much smoother with syncronized audio as well. This may be a coincidence).

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: CDL ]
Thanks much,
CDL

Fresh-Faced Recruit
Aug 26, 2001, 04:23 AM

my iSub is clickin and pausing out and all kinds of **** when i watched some of the new trailers at quicktime.com. Quicktime player and iTunes play bass fine thru it though

Mac Enthusiast
Aug 26, 2001, 05:24 AM

imac 400dv/320/10/9.2.1 and no problems with isub and isticks here.I left it in with the upgrade,and everything is working fine,didn't even had to reset my soundpreferences?
MOSTLY HARMLESS

http://www.macfreak.nl

Forum Links
Forum Rules