Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > 9.2.1 Screwed My Entourage Email/Addresses!!

9.2.1 Screwed My Entourage Email/Addresses!!
Mac Elite
Aug 22, 2001, 10:04 AM

This is truly ridiculous: After the update, my Entourage lost all my emails and addresses. It seems that the preferences reverted to some old set, so now all I see are emails back from January or something. And there is no way I can retrieve the newest database.

Any help???
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2001, 04:32 AM

If you are using Entourage, and possibly Outlook Express as well, be careful when you update to 9.2.1.

If you have moved the folder "Microsoft User Data" from anywhere except the default "[Hard Drive] ocuments:Microsoft User Data", Apple will create completely new settings in that location. This likely causes problems with other MS apps as well.

With Entourage, you will lose all of your accounts, as well as any emails you might have saved to your hard drive.

Your original settings are still in the same place you had them before. To apply these settings, you must copy the contents of the folder with your original settings to the newly created folder at the path above. Note you must quit all MS apps before you can do this.

Then when you restart Entourage, your settings will be restored. Once Entourage sees these restored settings, you can move the folder back to your preferred location.

[ 08-23-2001: Message edited by: tonton ]
n+N

Got Vurt? Jeff Noon

Brazuca  (op)
Mac Elite
Aug 23, 2001, 09:51 AM

That worked great. I had looke around for another Microsoft User Data folder but found none. Then I thought to look in another partition and Voila!! Got all my stuff back.

Thanks...
"It's about time trees did something good insted of just standing there LIKE JERKS!" :)

Forum Links
Forum Rules